Saturday, August 30, 2008

ET Phone Home

Wednesday June 11
The time had finally come to go back home. We packed everything up and headed to the airport. Once again the kids did really good-for the most part. We made it through the first flight with flying colors. As we made our way through the Dallas Airport we spotted a fun play area right next to our gate. Kalli was exhausted and fell asleep while riding on the trains, so Kaiden had a good time running around and getting some energy out. Once Kal finally woke up I felt bad that she hadn't played any so she ran around for a few minutes. After finally taring the kids away from the playground we made it to our gate and found out we were late and the last ones to board! To make matters worse it was a full flight and a very small plane with only1seat on the left side and 2 on the right. With my luck their was no 2 seaters empty so the stewardess had to ask for a volunteer. A gentleman right in the front offered his seat right away but the drawback was I wasn't able to keep any of my bags with me during take off. So the stewardess put my bags away fro me but now I don't have any snacks, drinks or toys-talk about a nightmare! So as we're taxing out Kalli is starting to scream and Kaiden is getting restless whining for his juice. The flight attendant was nice enough to come by and ask what bag I needed to grab a few things out of but I was so scatter-brained at this point I asked for the wrong one. I had a few things in there and just made due with what I had b/c it was time to take off. Once I was able to have both of my bags the DVD was on and the kids were as happy as could be, so the rest of the flight was smooth sailing. We were so happy to land in Baton Rouge and the 1/2 drive home made it so nice compared to the 1 1/2 hr from New Orleans! Joe and my mom picked us up and the kids were so excited to see Joe. Kaiden was easily distracted by some toys he had left in my dad's truck that GeGe gave to him but Kalli just wanted to be held by dad. She is usually such a momma's girl but she was definitely Daddy's Little Girl that day. We were glad to be home and on a normal routine for at least a week until we headed to the beach-but that's a whole other post!
Kalli passed out between flightsKaiden training early to become a pilot

Kaiden excited about his new/old toys and Daddy's Girl

6 comments:

Joan said...

Cute pics!
Hey, we changed our URL - so now you can come see us at our new place!!!

Kelli said...

Look at you sort of catching up on your blog! I love airport playareas, they are lifesavers. So are DVD players, you are so smart! Sorry about your small-plane adventure, at least you survived right?

Bruni Bunch said...

hi, good to see your blog. Sounds like the plane ride home was a little chaotic. You are brave for doing that by yourself. Cute pictures though.

Cameron Family said...

Sounds like a crazy take off....As a mom you are always worried about it and to not have your bag would be crazy! Glad that you guys had a good time!

Lindy said...

I swear you are wonder woman! Seriously, I couldn't have done that trip with my kids in a million years, and to think you left again a week later!! AMAZING!!

Lacey said...

Robin!! You need to update!!! :)