Monday, September 22, 2008

Orange Beach

Thursday June 19
My mom and dad (along with the rest of us) decided it was finally time that we had a family vacation and what better place than the beach! They rented a nice condo in Orange Beach, Alabama for all of us for 5 beautiful days. We were all happy to have a vacation but I think Kaiden and I were the most excited. It's been years since I've been to the beach and my kids have never been. Some of my fondest memories growing up are our annual family vacations at the beach. I was excited to see how much fun my own kids would have playing in the sand and waves. It was a little sad that Carmen and Autumn weren't able to be there with us. Carmen was suppose to come home for a visit and go to the beach but she ended taking summer classes and couldn't make it down. Shannon could only stay for a couple of days but we were happy that she at least made it. Once I told Kaiden that we were going to the beach he was so excited. It was about a 5 hour drive and the kids did really good. Once again praise to the portable DVD player!
Once we got to our super nice condo we changed into our swimsuits and headed for the beach. Kal was a little unsure about the sand but we all had a great time. The water was the perfect temperature but the jelly fish were horrible! Instead of swimming around we tried to save the ocean one jelly fish at a time. We all had nets trying to catch and then bury the jelly fish. Kaiden got stung a few times and played it safe by only getting ankle to knee deep. There are a lot of pictures and this is only the 1st day! I guess I have to make up for posting my June vacation in September!!

Walking out to the beach-Kaiden was so excited.Kal was a little unsure of the sand in between her toesFinally in the water!

Kal and Aunt Lisa were best friends this trip. I have so many of the 2 of them together. They were the Big Belly Beach Bums!

Kaiden trying to out run the waves.

He lost! Kal enjoying the water

Can you see Aaron's poor back? That had to hurt!I caught a huge jelly fish and apparently it attracted a crowd...I thought that was weird.

Told you it was big!

Love this one And this one too!

Our condo had a great swimming pool and kiddie pool. The kids loved it more than the beach- Go figure!I think Kal had just went under the water-that face cracks me up!

Me, Joe, Kaiden, Lisa and Aaron went crab hunting that night and Kaiden really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Murray Family said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! What a great trip :)

Lacey said...

I can see why you were putting off this vacation..you have a ton of pictures!! What a fun vacation to the beach! We took Elodie to california in December and even though it was too cold to swim, we went to the beach one day while we were there....we plan to go back in May when it's warmer!