Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Last Full Day

Sunday June 22
We took it pretty easy on Sunday and had a spiritual family discussion before heading down to the beach. This was Joe, Aaron and Lisa's last day. They all had to be back at work for Monday so me and the kids stayed behind and enjoyed the beach one more day with my mom and dad. Of course on our last day is when Kaiden is the most excited about going out in the deep with Joe to jump the waves. Plus there were no jelly fish, why did they have to be there at all?? At least we were able to enjoy our last day to the fullest. I was also so excited to go lay out on the beach all by myself. Joe had just left and the kids were sleeping so I was looking forward to some R&R. But whataya know right when I walk out of the building it just starts pouring! So I ended up zoning out in front of the TV instead watching some good ole HGTV.

Me and Dad spent that morning riding a few waves, thank goodness no one got any pictures of me!

That night the kids had a free "get out of jail" card and were able to stay up late. We all went crabbing and they both loved it. Kaiden was excited to go again but I had no idea how much fun Kalli would have. She loved holding the net or flashlight and seeing all the crabs crawling around and out of the bucket. Once we were ready to go back to our room we let all of the crabs out in one spot. The kids thought that was so cool to see so many of them scurrying around and trying to hide. Kalli even caught one with her bare hands! She made kind of a scared face and threw it down so we're guessing it pinched her but she never cried. Mom picked it up after that and she got pinched too. Kaiden was trying to catch another one before it ran into the ocean and it crawled over his foot and pinched his toe...and of course Kaiden cried! But what's even better is I actually got a picture of the crab on his foot! I was pretty impressed with myself! :)









The next day we walked the beach shortly and finished packing. The kids wore their matching skull Gulf Shores shirts and we headed home. It was a great trip and it didn't take long before Kalli was fast asleep. Kaiden just watched movies most of the way home and we even got to see a raccoon at the rest stop on the way home. Apparently he was a regular b/c he wasn't scared of people at all and had his own little spot under a picnic table with plenty of snacks from the workers. Kaiden thought he was pretty cool but it was hard to keep Kalli from getting to close. We had a great trip and loved the beach...Thanks mom and dad!

2 comments:

Joan said...

Look at your family! I seriously don't remember the last time I saw your parents! Tell them Hi for me will you?

Corinne said...

ok so i am retarded because now it is letting me post a comment. what a fun trip! i can't believe how big the kids are getting. i am so excited that we can stay in touch this way. it was good to talk to you today. we miss you guys!