Sunday, September 16, 2007

Two Peas in a Pod

Kalli is at the perfect age for her and Kaiden to finally start playing together. She absolutely adores Kaiden and well let's just say she's starting to grow on him. As long as Kalli isn't crawling on top of him or eating one of his favorite toys he doesn't seem to mind having her around. Some of their favorite things to do together is take a bath. They both get so excited and just splash and splash. Its quite the mess I have to clean up but its so cute to see them play so well together. Kaiden really enjoys helping me rinse Kalli off by dumping a cup of water on her. At one point they were laying down on their bellies next to each other and Joe noticed that Kalli's butt is bigger than Kaiden's! I couldn't believe it at first but my second thought was I shouldn't be surprised at all b/c she's such a chunk. I took a picture, against Joe's will. As much as I want to post it I'm going to keep my marriage in tact and just keep it for my own amusement.
Here's a few more pictures of the two of them playing together in a box (that my Twilight books got sent in Yay!) I was pleasantly surprised that Kaiden enjoyed having Kalli in the box with him. After I took her out he asked me to put her back in. The box in the background is another favorite toy right now that my new stroller came in. I love it! So thank you Annie for the tip on which one to get. Its a Caboose Stand-On Tandem Stroller with a step or a seat behind the front seat for Kaiden to sit/stand on. It was a little pricey but I feel I've already gotten my money's worth out of it with a successful trip to the mall, with both kids by myself! Its also easy to maneuver, fit through doorways and aisles and I can fold it up easily and fit it into my trunk. Plus Kaiden thinks he's so cool climbing in and out of the back and being able to stand up if he wants too.

13 comments:

Rylee said...

Cutest kids, and cute color scheme! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Robin! These kids are getting cuter by the day! Love dem kiddies! - Mark

Meg said...

I love the two them...Guess I'll just have to imagine the bum picture (Thanks Joe) :-)

Julia said...

that's a great stroller! love the bath picture. Aiden and Landon take baths together and love to splash each other, yeah Landon does a lot of the splashing too. So fun!

Murray Family said...

Oh my gosh...those pics are so cute!! I love that they're playing good together nowdays; it gives me hope that my kids will like being close :). Oh and by the way, I LOVED my Twilight books. Can't wait for next summer for the 4th one to come out!

amy said...

I can't believe how much Kalli looks like you! Spittin' image! I read Emily's comment and I too love the Twilight Series. I read the first one in 4 days and just started the 2nd. I am almost done with that one and started it Sat... so good and addicting!

Covington's said...

okay - what's the twilight series ??

Covington's said...

oh yeah, I really like the pictures. Just ignore Joe and post the bum pictures!!

Kelli said...

You changed your blog! I like it! Anyway, its fun when your younger child starts being old enough to interact more with the older child. My kids love to bathe together, but they are also into the whole sibling rivalry thing, which is an adventure in itself. And I just might take your word for it that the sit-and-stand is a good idea, I didn't get it because I wasn't sure Hayden would actually sit/stand in it, but now I'm thinking it would have been a better choice. By the way, your kids are so dang cute. They must get it from you (not Joe!)

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

I was going to say the exact same thing - Kalli looks so much like you in that bath photo!!
They are too cute together...it is so great watching them now they are old enough to play together isn't it. Noah and Kaiden are exactly the same. This is the fun part of being a Mum :-)

annie said...

i am so jealous that you have that stroller now. i want it so bad. i'm glad that someone i love gets to enjoy it though :) so i'm so excited that you got your books. you have to tell me where you are in them so we can talk!!! wahoo!!!!

Danica said...

Your kids are seriously so dang cute!

truthbeauty23 said...

cute pics robin!!! i loved your page <3

Love your cousin,
Emily H.