Saturday, December 22, 2007

We Finally Have a Christmas Tree!

Yes we're super late compared to the rest of you, but like I said before, our trip threw me off! A few days after we got back I put up the tree Thursday night and Friday morning Kaiden was ecstatic that we had our own Christmas tree. Its an artificial tree that we bought our 2nd year of marriage so its starting to look a little Charlie Brownish. Once the lights and a few ornaments were put on it doesn't look so bad but I wish we had a real one. I love how they make your whole house smell but we thought it would be a bad idea with Kalli. She's into everything! Kaiden helped me put the lights up Fri afternoon and we decorated it as a family that evening. We continued my family tradition and listened to Christmas music sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. But we didn't have it so loud you couldn't think like my dad use to! It was a fun night and the kids (well at least Kaiden) enjoyed himself.
Kaiden putting one of the first ornaments on the tree
Trying to keep Kalli distracted and away from the tree with anything we could find.
Mom helping the kids put a few ornaments on
Notice Kalli reaching for the tree. Luckily she hasn't paid much attention to it since.
Kaiden had 2 or 3 spots that he liked the most. Notice the clumps of ornaments, he didn't want to put them any where else.

3 comments:

Julia said...

what a great tree! the clumps of ornaments sounds familiar :)

Kelli said...

If it makes you feel better, we didn't put up a tree this year because we are on vacation in WA, but I'm sad we didn't do our own. And is Louisiana really warm or what? Joe is in shorts!!!

Trisha said...

I think your tree looks great!