Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Update on Kaiden

Kaiden is adjusting rather well with his splint. Its just a matter of getting use to only using one hand more often. Sunday morning when he woke up was a little heart wrenching for me. It started off with Kaiden in a good mood as we sat down for breakfast, but as soon as it was time to pray that all changed. Kaiden was trying to fold his arms but couldn't and tears instantly filled his eyes as he whined,"I can't do it". It was so sad and cute at the same time. My heart just went out to him. Its always hard to see your baby hurting or upset, but I helped show him how to reposition his arms and all was good. But when he reached to grab his sippy cup it slipped out of his hands and fell to the floor. More tears started to come but quickly went away as I helped show him how to hold his cup w/ his 'bobo hand'. Now he is so proud of himself every time he does something using his 'bobo hand'. Its too funny. I'm so glad he is learning how to adapt with the change. Here are a few of Kaiden's firsts since his broken arm.

1st 3 wheeler rideThis picture is not so good of me but super cute of KaidenI don't know what Kaiden was doing in this picture, but I thought he had the funniest face.
Bath time was interesting, and a pain in the butt. We had to wrap a garbage bag around his arm and then tape it up real good so his splint wouldn't get wet. I'm guessing its not going to get any easier with a cast, and the poor kid usually loves to play in the tub. Now its all work and no play.

Another silly face.


1st time holding Kalli w/ the help of Dad.

No comments: