Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandma!!

Today is Joe's mom's birthday! I'm a little late with the Happy Birthday post. I forgot to do the video right after church and it wasn't until 6 pm that both kids were up at the same time again. Let me just tell you a little about Judy (aka:mom. She is the sweetest, most loving woman I probably know. She has such a sweet spirit to her and I think you can feel it the second you meet her. She loves her family so much and I know it's so hard to be out of the country on her mission but she also loves serving the Lord. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful mother-in-law...and no that's not because she lives out of the country! Kaiden and Kalli don't realize how good they have it, to have such an amazing grandma. Grandma and Grandpa are serving a Temple Mission in Argentina; where Grandpa is the Temple President. They just hit their 1 year mark at the end of last month so only 2 more years to go! I can't wait for them to come home and see how much Kaiden has grown and be able to finally meet Kalli!
We are fortunate to talk to them on the phone weekly and Kaiden was so excited to sing Happy Birthday to Grandma when they called. Kaiden likes to talk on the phone, depending on his mood, but tonight was the first time that he talked to Grandma for an extended period of time without much help. One of my favorite parts of their conversation were when Grandma was telling Kaiden how she made cinnamon roles today and Kaiden says, "Ahhhh, wow, that's cool!". Later Grandma told Kaiden they saw a horse on the rode tied to a car. Kaiden very curious said "Ohhhh, did it get in a wreck?". We had to translate a few times for Grandma to understand but I think they both enjoyed themselves. We miss you Grandma and hope you had a wonderful birthday! We LOVE you!

Here's Kaiden and Kalli (mainly Kaiden) singing Happy Birthday. Kaiden's voice cracks around 11 seconds, which is pretty funny. And get a glimpse into Kalli life as Kaiden won't let go of her through the entire song and then just pushes her over at the end. I'm telling ya that girl is tough with all she puts up with from him!


5 comments:

amy said...

Hooray for a new post! I have been wondering where you have been. Looks like you had a fun week!

Julia said...

so cute! Kaiden sure loves his little sister!

Sonya said...

That is so adorable!!! All that sisterly/brotherly love!!!

7 Baldwin's said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting!!! So cute!!!!!!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

That was too cute. You have been tagged for the Seven Things Meme by Stacy. Go to my blog and find out what it is all about! Have Fun!