Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Sad Loss

We got some awful news on Tuesday that Joe's Aunt and Uncle (his dad's youngest brother and wife) were in a horrible car accident. They were on their first mission together serving as Kirtland Historic Site Missionaries. We don't know much about the wreck just that they were in a car with another couple and their car was broadsided. Thankfully the other couple is fine but Karen was killed instantly and Randy was sent to the hospital in critical condition. Although Randy is still in serious condition and will have a lot of healing to do they were able to stabilize him and his prognosis is now much better than when he was initially brought into the hospital.
Karen was an amazing woman with a fun and bubbly personality. She was so much fun to be around and always had a big smile on her face. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her. Please keep Randy, that he will have a speedy recovery, and his family in your prayers.
Here's a link to the short news story found on KSL. http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=3298530

10 comments:

Macy said...

You will for sure be in our prayers.

Nell & Dan said...

Is this the uncle my dad knew/knows?

Kelli said...

When I was visiting my sister in Cleveland they had their ward conference (they are in the Kirtland Stake) and a missionary couple spoke who had the last name Deschamps. That was totally them! She had the most amazing talk! I'm so sorry for your loss. She seemed like a really great woman.

Carissa Poyfair said...

My family lives in Shaker Heights (right outside Cleveland) and I totally remember your aunt and uncle at my stake conference. They were amazing speakers. We got a ward email about the accident and I am so sorry for your loss! Your family will be in our prayers.

Carolann said...

So sorry for your loss. She sounds like a great lady. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Stacy Hutchinson said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Your family will be in my prayers.

Kates said...

What a sad story. We will be praying for him!

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

Oh Robin, what a terrible thing to happen. I am so sorry, we wish you and Joe and all your family the best. I hope Joe's Uncle recovers soon :-)

The Awesome Rawsons said...

my goodness. My thoughts go out to Randy and to all of Joe's family. Lots of love.

Cameron Family said...

I am sorry to hear that! A very sad loss for the family I am sure.