Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Funeral

We were fortunate enough to make the trip out for Aunt Karen's funeral. I already had tickets for me and the kids to come on yesterday but we changed our flight and Joe joined us. Boy am I thankful I didn't have to fly by myself with the kids! Joe was such a big help and the kids did exceptionally well for waking up at 4 am! We got to SLC just before noon and after getting all our bags and trying to find out sweaters we got in our free upgraded rent-a-car and headed down to Provo. My good friend Amanda is nice enough to put up with us for 2 whole weeks! The first stop me and Joe made was for some much needed Cafe Rio! We actually prefer Costa Azul but we opted for what was closest. Since we've arrived we've been visiting non stop with family and friends. There was a viewing on Friday night and the funeral services on Saturday. As sad as the occasion was we were very happy to visit with so much family we haven't seen in years. I have a few pictures but I'll need to get more from my brother-in-law. He did an awesome job taking so many great pictures of all the family. Thank goodness for portable DVD players! This kept them happy until they fell asleep We had breakfast Saturday morning at Magelby's...sooo yummy!Kaiden wasn't happy about taking a pictureBut he enjoyed taking a picture of Jeremy...I know scary!
Joe's brother Mark, his mom's cousin Darlene, Grandma Liz, Joe and Kalli after the funeral
Me and my nephew Nate...he's so big!
Us with Aunt Betty
El and Kalli

Cousin Mindy with her nephew Mason or Tyler (they look so much alike I can't tell them apart!)

Cousin Dave with Jen and their little girl Eleanor. After the luncheon Dave was able to bless her and have lots of family in the circle. She is so cute and has more hair than her older sister!

We've been so busy here and I have so much more to post about. Still to come a visit with Grandma Liz, Elizabeth's 1st Birthday along with a water balloon launcher, and more friends! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

jennifer said...

Hey are ya'll coming up to Salt Lake at all? Let me know, I'd love to see you and the kids.

Kelli said...

You sure are busy! I know about the funeral thing, it's sad but it's also great to see everyone that you wouldn't normally see. Have fun in Utah, sorry I missed you by only a few weeks! Maybe next time =)

Unknown said...

If you guys have time we'd love to see you too, meet this little angle of yours and see how big Kaiden is now!!! We're still in North Orem right off the freeway! Hope you enjoy your time here!!! And I hope we can catch up with you before you leave.