Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentine's Day Video Overload

After our Valentine's Day Primary activity we went to mom's house to play for a bit. Mom gave the kids some new cute jammies for V-day then we went out to play. Auntie Autumn tried to see if she had any of her BYU cheerleader left in her after 18months of no flips. She did a few back tucks and got the kids all excited wanting to do flips and rolls too. She helped them both do back flips which was quite funny (I really should of gotten the camera out sooner) and then they started doing front rolls on their own. Kalli was hilarious b/c after Autumn would spot her for a back flip she'd try and do it by herself. Of course being 2 and her first time she CAN'T do a back flip so she'd practically just fall backwards. It was so amusing to watch and she didn't seem to hurt herself b/c she kept doing it. I finally got off my lazy bum and went to grab the camera. And of course right as I'm turning it own she does her backwards fall but lands hard on her head and starts to cry. I felt really bad for her but a part of me wanted to encourage her to try again just so I could get it on video, how awful is that?! But I didn't so I just got some cute videos of their much safer front rolls. Sorry for all the videos but they were just being so cute and silly.


Opening up their jammies


Kaiden had to get a running start




Auntie Autumn helping Kal do her back flip (once it was time to flip she turns into dead weight)

She needs a little more practice...

And she's got it!





I love Kaiden's idea of a backwards rolls, notice how he's clenching on anything for leverage.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Kids this age are so fearless, I love it! Hayden's gotten plenty of bruises trying flips off my bed, you'd think he'd learn by now!