Saturday, March 15, 2008

1st Haircut

I brought both kids to get hair cuts on Thursday. Joe usually cuts Kaiden's hair but we've been so busy and I figured it would be good for him to experience a 'real' hair cut at the salon. I didn't feel like paying a lot of money to get it cut since it's so simple to do so we just went in town to Fantastic Sam's. I know what your thinking…Kalli doesn’t have any hair to cut. And yes you’re right but I’ve had several people tell me that if you just trim it a little it will help the hair to grow. Well I’m way to nervous to do that myself and since it was her first haircut its free, so why not? Well I’ll tell you why not b/c its Fantastic Sam’s and they can even screw up a baby’s no-hair hair cut! She didn’t do that great of a job on Kaiden either. So I won’t be going back there ever again! It’s not awful but she did a sloppy job on Kaiden’s sides and didn’t cut it nearly as short as I wanted her too. I kept telling her to cut more off over and over and I finally just said it was fine. She buzzed it too much around his ears, its not real noticeable but if you stare I think it looks kinda silly. Kaiden did a great job though but the poor kid has very sensitive skin. If even a smidgen of hair gets on his neck it gets really red and agitates his skin. But he was such a big boy and sat really still. Although he did keep asking her over and over if she was done yet. Kalli had a harder time sitting still and kept trying to see what this strange woman was doing behind her. I think she cut it too short for Kal in the back. I just wanted the ends snipped a bit but now its way shorter and kinda uneven. Again not very noticeable but for me it is! .So I hope this haircut works and it starts growing fast otherwise we’re back to square one. It took her 12 months to grow what she had, and I don't think I can wait another 12!
It was a little harder to get a picture of Kal since I had to help hold her in the seat

15 comments:

Murray Family said...

They look so cute getting their haircuts! Sorry they didn't turn out like you wanted :(. Luckily it will just grow out and you can just go back to Joe cutting it!

amy said...

They did great sitting there. Rylee screamed bloody murder during her first hair cut. Maybe it's best to go back to Joe. Good luck getting Kalli's hair to grow. Ry was the same way, but she has tons of hair now. There is hope!

7 Baldwin's said...

Aww- they are getting so big Robin! I wish Kara would grow hair too! But again- your kids are sooo stinkin cute! And that's great they both sound like they did good getting hair cuts- even if they got butchered! Cute cute kids- we miss you guys!

Kelli said...

That's too bad their first haircut experience wasn't that great. I only trust a few people to cut my kids hair, otherwise I just buzz it, which they hate, but at least it's short and all one length and not crazy looking. I don't know what I'll do when/if I have a girl. Hopefully it grows enough soon that you don't see the imperfections, otherwise probably don't worry about it, I'm sure other people don't notice the things that you do. They are cute no matter what though!

Covington's said...

Kalli looks really scared..

amy said...

Also, I am going private on my blog and want you to still be able to look at it. Will you post your email on my comment section and then I will erase it. Thanks!

Lindy said...

Oh crap!You remember the car/bike collision?! I think I blocked it out of my memory!These pics are so cute, I just wish I could have been the one to give them their first haircuts:(

Carolann said...

Haircuts are a sore subject in this household. Cole has had a ton of haircuts, and still I have never been able to take any pictures because I am always holding him still with all my strength while the lady cuts it as fast as she can. Succors and candy don't even work for him. He has serious haircut phobia. He screams the whole time! We just went through the ordeal this morning. Glad it's over.

Isabelle had to have her haircut when she was 4 months old because she was growing a mullet!

Cameron Family said...

First Haircuts! I cannot even imagine how FUN that would be! I mean my kid is still a little blady!

Maxwells said...

That's the beauty of having a girl, I never hadAnnie's cut, I always trimmed it up.
I am going to be able to go to the reunion after all. I NEED a vacation so we will be down for 2 weeks in April.

Holly said...

I thought Kalli's hair looked like it had been trimmed when I saw her today. I thought it looked cute though, I didn't notice any imperfections. I know as a mom you can't help but notice everything. I don't know what the deal is with Fantastic Sam's, but Joel has gone to have his hair cut there, when he couldn't get in at his usual place. They did a bad job on his, too.

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

Rob, you are such a cute mom! I wish I could see you in action and not just in photos. It looks like the first "real" haircut didn't go quite as planned but at least you got it all on camera and it's a cute post :-)

Kates said...

Robin your kids are darling. If it makes you feel any better Mary-Kate didn't really get hair until about 18 months. She is now almost 3 and I can barely put it in a pony tail!

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

Oh you should come for a holiday...my hair dresser is excellent :-) What more of an excuse do you need :-P
And where has your blogging bug gone...you have disappeared again!!!!
Hope all is well and you come back soon :-)
xoxo