Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Joe's Roadside Pickup & Photo Shoot

Shortly after the hurricane a group from our ward went down to Houma to help clean up. On the way back Joe, Nathan and Aaron saw a go-cart on the side of the road. If you know Joe you know he has a tendancy to live by "One man's junk is another man's treasure" (hence the 6 ft Santa Clause in his office) so of course Joe wanted to pick it up. As luck would have it (if you ask Joe) there was just enough room in Aaron's trailer for it to fit. So our back yard was so lucky to have this broken down go cart to help beautify it. Joe's goal was to fix it up and have it running but again those who know Joe probably knew that would probably never happen (he can be a lot of talk at times :)). It sat there for over a month not doing anything but giving bugs a new home. As I was teasing him about it one day he told me that he planned to have it fixed by Christmas otherwise he'd get rid of it. Well lucky for us a snow storm hit somewhat hiding the eye sore. As I was out in the field behind out house, with the kids, making a snowman we heard some cracking from the trees in our back yard. I was video taping Kalli and the cracking went on for a few seconds so I finally turned around quickly to see the big tree limb fall out of the tree and slam onto the back of Joe's prized possession! I couldn't believe I got it on tape and the go cart took quite a beating. Joe found it pretty humerous once he got home especially after seeing the video. (I would upload it but I don't know how to do that from our video camera only videos from our still shot) So now that the roll bar on the go cart is completely smashed there's no point in fixing it, so back to the side of the road, right? WRONG! A few days after the incident Joe came up with a brilliant *note sarcasm* plan to stage a wreck with the kids. He planned on having the go cart on its side with a bunch of DP cans laying around while one or both of the kids pretended to be out cold from the 'wreck'. But then the plan got better as he decided to use energy drink cans instead. Unfortunately Joe doesn't drink Monsters as often as he does DPs so this took a while. I guess he finally felt pleased with the amount of cans he had collected and just took his long-awaited pictures on Friday. Kal was napping and me and kid were outside when Joe got home so he quickly set the stage for the accident. Kaiden played along nicely as long as we promised him he could take pictures once we were done. So without further ado here are the pictures from Kaiden's highly dangerous energy drink crash and burn accident.
I hope no one thinks I sound ugly talking about Joe in this story b/c its all in good fun. I don't really care for the go car sitting in the back yard but he makes me laugh with all of his funny 'brilliant' ideas, but in all honesty I won't be sad to see it on the side of the road either (that's right it's still in the back yard! :)) Love ya babe!
Kaiden pre-accident


Doesn't the drink in the hand add a nice touch?

Kaiden's self portrait after his photo session

4 comments:

Cherie' said...

That is such a funny picture! Good idea!

Covington's said...

You have the dorkiest husband ever !!! But you know, once we get as OLD as him we'll start having these hair-brained ideas too... Such a goober.

You have a little actor in Kaiden, he did a great job.

Jill Britt said...

I love the picture! It would've been better if you would've posted it and didn't include the story until next week so we'd all be wondering what you let you kids do!

annie said...

you guys are so wierd!! i still love you though. the pictures do catch your attention when you first see them. i'm glad kaiden was a trooper. he is a boy so he probably thought it was funny. oh, ps. jami didn't take any of the pictures on my blog of my friends baby, thats all me baby! :)