Monday, March 2, 2009

Spanish Town Parade

We weren't able to go to the little Denham Springs Mardi Gras Parade this year but we did make it to the Spanish Town Parade. We decided last minute to go and practically jumped in the car and left. Since neither of had ever been I printed off a map so we'd have an idea of where to park and where the 'family friendly' section was. Well traffic was horrible and it took quite awhile to find a place to park on the street but we made it and the kids did great on our hike. We walked around for a bit and then decided it would be best to let Kaiden go on and potty before the parade started. Well we ended up standing in line for the port-a-pottys for a good 30 mins (at least!) and then the parade started seriously right as we were walking out! By then both kids were kind of grouchy from having to stand in one place for so long (and I just couldn't hold them very long b/c of my back) and it was pretty close to nap time. Also with the Denham Parade they are use to having so many things thrown to them but this parade was so CROWDED! It was so packed and they didn't get too many things but plenty since we only have, let's say a million beads at home already! So Kaiden was a little whiny about not getting things thrown right into his hand but he got over it and we still had a good time. I only took 2 pictures b/c it was just so crazy and crowded I didn't want to take my eyes off the kids and I had forgot to upload all the pictures onto the computer so my memory card was full. I'm glad we at least made it to a Mardi Gras Parade this year and I'm still undecided if we'll go through all the craziness again to go to the St Patrick's Day parade or not. But in all it was fun and we were able to mail some of our goodies to the kids cousins in Colorado along with a King Cake, in which they enjoyed.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

How fun! I miss home when I see things like that, even if we hardly ever went to Mardi Gras parades.

As for kindergarten, we are going to do half day the first semester and full day the second.

Jill Britt said...

The St. Patrick's day parade is better than Spanish Town because you can usually still find areas to stand without being too crowded. We would be bringing Voodoo if we weren't going to be in Florida for my brother's wedding.

annie said...

i love the picture of joe. he looks like he is having the time of his life :) sounds like it was crazy but fun to go and do that.