Monday, March 9, 2009

Update on Kal

I woke up early this morning to call the Doctor's office right when they opened to make Kalli and appointment. It took me about 10 minutes to finally get through but luckily there was an appointment available at 10. Kaiden stayed with mom which made Kalli very upset and she cried the entire 25 minutes there! She wanted Kaiden and then she wanted to play at Gege's and then her shoes were too tight and she wanted goldfish and so on and so on. It was a long drive to say the least. Once we got to the doctor she was fine once she had her goldfish to eat. Luckily the wait wasn't long and Kal did very well letting the Dr check her. The nurse said she had lost a pound since our last visit, less than a month ago. I believe it since she's hardly eaten anything. I did tell her that Kal had complained only twice about her ears but it was very brief and didn't bring it up again or pull on them. Once Dr Flechas looked in her right ear (the one she said that hurt) she said her ear was wicked. I was a little thrown off and didn't know what she meant by 'wicked'. She told me her ear was really infected and then looked in her left ear and said that one was just as bad. She just couldn't believe that Kalli hadn't been complaing more about her ears b/c of how awful they looked and said she must have a high tolerance for pain. After Dr Flechas was done checking Kalli, Kalli said her ears felt all better. Silly girl, I just think she didn't want her looking in them anymore. Dr Felchas said she probably did have a virus and then the ear infection took over, and to keep giving her tylenol if her fever persists. Which it hasn't since last night-yea! After the doctor Kalli got her sucker and then we met up with my dad for lunch at Picadilly. It was quite yummy and Kalli was such a good girl. She's now on her antibiotics and hopefully those will be helping soon. She can still be pretty grumpy on and off and her nose and cough are still yucky but for the most part she's doing good.

6 comments:

Trimble said...

So sad. I hope she's all better soon!

Lori O said...

glad you got to the root of it all. i also spent my morning at the dr's office. zachary has bronchitis AGAIN. i told him when we left that he wasn't allowed to get sick anymore. I hope he listens. hope kallie is feeling better soon.

Covington's said...

Poor baby girl. We surely missed her at the party Sunday. What's a party without Kalli O'Mally ?? Give her kisses and plenty of hugs for me.

Amanda said...

I'm glad that you were able to get her into the doctor so quickly. Poor thing. I hope that she gets back to 100% really soon.

Whitney said...

What a brave girl. I hope she feels better soon.

Kelli said...

I'm glad you got it all figured out. The doctor's office is so worth it if they have suckers at the end!