Friday, October 26, 2007

Cookies

I wanted to try something fun for just Kaiden and I to do while Kalli was napping. So I had the fun idea to make some sugar Halloween cookies. I wanted to hand them out to friends so I wouldn't be the one eating them all (I ate way too much cookie dough as it was). Kaiden was all excited about making cookies and even more pumped about eating the dough. I'm surprised he didn't get a stomach ache b/c he ate a lot! We had a pretty good time but I just can't relax enough to let him do whatever he wants. I know its a flaw of mine which I"m trying to work on but I'm just not there yet. Anyway it took forever to use up all the dough we had and by the time they were ready to decorate Kalli was up and it was lunch time. After which I put both kids down for a nap and I did most of the decorating myself. I left a few for Kaiden and he poured on the sprinkles! I just sat back and let him have his fun...see I'm already getting better. :) These were the only pictures I got but they turned out pretty cute. We had pumpkins, ghosts, moons and cats. And for the most part I think we enjoyed ourselves.

Kaiden loved rolling out the dough and then sticking his fingers in it

5 comments:

annie said...

we can work together on the being patient thing robin :) i told you i have my moments too!

Stacy Hutchinson said...

I have the same problem. I have been slowly getting better. My mom always gets on to me about being too uptight and not Ayden explore enough, but then I feel too lax compaired to some of my peers. I'm just trying to find a happy medium. I already see that I'm different with kid #2. For example, Ian ate grass today, and I just thought it was cute instead of thinking "what kind of diseases will he get?"

Amanda said...

You are a great mom! That sounds like a fun idea for halloween... why do I still feel like it would be too much work for me? I'm so LAZY!

Kelli said...

Holy blogging Robin! I've tried to have Hayden help make cookies with me, and he does pretty good, but he sometimes spills the flour and then I have to guess how much made it into the mixing bowl and how much landed on the floor. It's always an adventure, but they have fun making stuff, so I'm learning to deal with the spillage and stuff.

amy said...

You are always doing the greatest things with your kids. I am slowly learning to be patient too. Rylee loves to help me cook, but I just want everything to end up in the pan and not on the floor. She has gotten tons better so I guess relaxing a little has helped her!