Friday, October 26, 2007

It's not Scary it's Merry

Why am I the only one looking at the camera??
Last Saturday we went to Boo at the Zoo in Baton Rouge. (All the kids dress up in costume and then they have different stations throughout the zoo where they hand out candy.) It was a lot of fun but way too crowded. I could believe the line of people waiting to get in. Luckily the line moved quickly and the weather was great. We enjoyed the nice weather but unfortunately it was too warm for the kids to wear their costumes. Back in Sept I reminded Kaiden that he was Tigger last year for Halloween and asked him what he wanted to be this year. I don't know where he got the idea to be a monkey but that's what he said and he's stuck to that ever since. (Except for tonight when he was looking at Katie's blog with me and saw Tyler in his Superman costume. Then he was all upset b/c he couldn't be superman. Thanks Katie!) I didn't know where I'd find a monkey costume but I was surprised to find one online at OneStepAhead. But then later Rylee had posted a picture of her little guy in his monkey costume, that she got from Old Navy, and I loved it. I really wanted Kalli to be a lady bug and saw a few cute ones but didn't buy them right away and since I waited too long they sold out of her size. Typical...for me! So when I went to pick up Kaiden's monkey suit I saw the elephant and thought it was super cute. I was lucky to have found both their sizes and since I was buying them so late I got them 1/2 off. Yea for me being a procrastinator and getting a great deal! They both looked so cute at the zoo even if they were only wearing 1/2 of their costumes the majority of the time. But it's finally getting pretty cool down here so the kids shouldn't have any problem wearing their costumes tomorrow for the church's Truck-or-Treat and Halloween night. I'm so excited b/c they look so stinkin' cute!
My 2 monkeys just 'monkeying' around with the other monkeys
Me and Kalli by the -not as cute as Kalli-elephants
My own little zoo animals (I should dress up as a zoo keeper!)
Kaiden by the big bat. He was more excited about seeing the bat again than he was about any of the animals or candy! I know weird!

5 comments:

The Lindsey's said...

Those are absolutely adorable!!!

Rylee said...

Cutest monkey and I LOVE the elephant costume! I wish I had seen that one! I love it!! SOOO CUTE.

annie said...

that sounds like it would be way fun! its so funny that there your kids get too hot in their costumes but here they get way too cold

Amanda said...

LOVE these costumes!

Sonya said...

They are so cute in their costumes!We were going to go to the zoo yesterday,but heard it was over crowded and changed my mine.