Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sleeping Beauty

I've always thought it was so cute when kids fell asleep while eating. My mom has numerous pictures of me and all my siblings sleeping in our highchair with food all over our faces. She has even said that feeding us when tired was a sure bet we'd fall asleep right away. A little part of me always wanted one of my kids to do it but never thought it would actually happen. But on Saturday I was proven wrong! Kalli refused to take a nap and I thought it was b/c she was hungry. While feeding her I was also trying to finish reading New Moon. I was reading bits and pieces in between bites and sometimes I wold get to this really good part and leave Kalli waiting a little longer than normal for the next bite. Apparently I made her wait too long and she finally just crashed. I still can't believe one of my kids fell asleep while in their high chair! There is no way Kaiden would have ever done this. He was close once, shortly after his 2nd birthday. Me and Joe wouldn't let him down until he took one more bite of his dinner and he just kept whining and refused to do so. I was ready to let him down but Joe stuck to his guns. We were talking to Joe's parents on the phone and we started to notice Kaiden more quiet and really sleepy. He would doze off for just a second and then his head would drop and he'd wake up, look around and let out a little whimper. It was so funny and of course we got the video camera out! But Kalli is the first to completely crash during meal time, and it's just as cute as I thought it would be!

7 comments:

Covington's said...

I remember when Tyler fell asleep in his highchair for the 1st time. It was so funny watching his head bob up and down. He tried so hard to stay awake but he couldn't bear it anymore, he had to sleep. I was just worried about his neck being at such a weird angle, you know it had to be uncomfortable.

Rylee said...

Okay, now I want Ryder to fall asleep in his! That is the cutest dang thing.

amy said...

I love when little ones fall asleep when eating! It is definitely a moment that needs to be captured. How is New Moon? I love those books and I am so sad that I am done with all 3. I don't know how I am going to live until the next one comes out :)

annie said...

sydnie never did that either but brynn has done it twice now. i think it is so funny when they do it too!

Kelli said...

My kids never fell asleep in high chairs, maybe that's because they were too busy throwing food. Roman fell asleep in a swing in the backyard and in his jumper once, I'm sure the pics are on my blog somewhere. I just wish we could sleep wherever we want and be just as happy. She makes sleeping look so easy!

7 Baldwin's said...

My kids fell asleep eating all the time! Brock is the worst! He almost did it yesterday during dinner since he boycotted nap time. It's sooo cute though. I have many videos and pics of that as well! Too cute!

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

Oh she looks so cute sleeping on her little arm like that!
When Noah was little he did this a few times, but nothing compared to Kaiden! He is constantly falling asleep in the high chair, on the swing, on the back of the bike, in various rooms of the house including the bathroom (how hard is the bathroom floor?!)...he's not fussy! I've never seen a kid like him, he just passes out where ever and when ever he likes!