Friday, October 26, 2007

The Hungry Lamb

This is Kalli in her cute Halloween Witch pj's. I got them from my cousin once her daughter grew out of them. I think Kalli looks so adorable in them, and they're in great condition. Shortly after taking this picture I put Kalli to bed and Kaiden was still up playing. He was throwing Kalli's lamb up in the air and trying to catch when he decided he wanted to feed the lamb. He carried it over to the couch, got the boppy ,and then sat down. Joe and I were watching very curious to see what was going to happen next. After taking his seat Kaiden put the boppy around his waste (just like I do) and then laid the lamb down. We weren't sure if he was going to lift up his shirt or what but that was it. Regardless it was very funny. When asking him what he was doing he would say, "Feeding the lamb." I also asked what the lamb was eating and the answer ranged from oatmeal, to cereal, to milk and many other random things. I told him the lamb was going to get a tummy ache and he'd just laugh. Later on the lamb had some crackers at which point Kaiden decided he wanted some crackers, so he ditched the lamb to find himself some crackers. Me and Joe got a kick out of it and I even got a short video. I've been nursing Kalli for almost 9 months now and this is the first time he's done anything like this. Since then he's feed the lamb again and wanted to feed other random stuffed animals. I think its funny and I'm kinda glad he's not lifting up his shirt or anything to do it. The animal just hangs out on his lap laying on the boppy and Kaiden never has any trouble with it not wanting to eat. I might be able to learn a thing or two from this kid!

The lamb is from when Kaiden was a baby and its getting pretty old so the noise it makes is starting to sound kind of creepy.



3 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute boy! I'm glad that he didn't pick up on lifting his shirt though. :)

Kelli said...

You'll continue to be amazed at the things Kaiden will learn from you, but it's funny that he caught on to this. It's a good sign though, the whole pretend play and imagination. So cute!

Sonya said...

I remeber those days. I haven't had to worry about Ethan doing that since he is so much older,but when Ethan was born Bailey would lift her shirt and feed her baby. They usually do it when they are that little. It is just something else to tell them when they are older.