Thursday, January 31, 2008

MARDI GRAS MAMBO!

Last weekend we went to the Denham Springs Mardi Gras Parade and had so much fun. The weather was cold and wet from Friday's rain but we still had a great time. For those of you unfamiliar with the area this was a very CLEAN parade. New Orleans is where you get all of the X rated surroundings and usually just at night but always on Bourbon. There are a few good parades you can go to during the day that are clean and fun but I'm not sure if we'll make the long drive down and back this year. Anyway, Kaiden loved seeing all the floats get ready while we were waiting for some friends and even got to see a helicopter up close. Once the parade was about to begin all of the police cars and bikes turned their sirens on and started driving by. Kaiden was so stunned and excited he didn't know what to do or think. He was overwhelmed in a sense, but loved every minute of it. Then the floats started driving by throwing beads, footballs, cups, candy and stuffed animals. It took a minute or two for Kaiden to get in the swing of things and then he was all about the beads and especially the candy. Kalli just sat in her stroller and watched all the excitement. We were lucky enough that none of the beads hit Kalli but a few got Kaiden on his fingers, which really hurt! But we all had a good time and now I have to find a place for all of this Mardi Gras Madness!
Kaiden jumping up and down all excited about the sirens


Throw me something mister!
Philip & Tyler and Me & Kal
Look at all of those beads! And we still had twice as many on the stroller!
All the boys- Joe, Kaiden, Tyler, Phe, & Dustin
Later that night (after a long nap!) we went to Katie and Phe's to play-what else but Uno! The boys stayed up pretty late watching Cars. Kaiden wouldn't go to sleep and since me and Joe were getting our butts kicked we headed home. These are just a few cute pics of Kaiden and Tyler sharing Tyler's Thomas couch glued to the TV.

4 comments:

Maxwells said...

Well I was of the opinion that I didn't care to make it to a New Orleans parade till I lived there. You really ought to make the trek one year. The church is right on the route and lets members park free on one of the days.
SO much bigger than the Denham one.
Although at this age, they don't really care.

7 Baldwin's said...

Fun- I wish we had fun parades like that here! And I wish it was warm enough outside we could be outside! Your kids are so cute Robin!!!!!

Kelli said...

I've always wanted to go to a Mardi Gras parade! I'm assuming that rumor I hear about how you earn your beads isn't how Denham Springs does it? =) I don't think Toledo knows what parades are, my kids would have a blast!

Amanda said...

I wish we could have been there. It sounds like so much fun! I can't believe how many beads you ended up with!
The picture of the boys watchin the movie is priceless. You know they are going to be bff!