Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Easter Sunday

We had a really nice Easter Sunday. The kids looked exceptionally cute and were actually pretty well behaved in church (from what I remember!) . After church we went to my parents to take pictures in all the clovers while the kids were still dressed up. I took a ton but only have a few pictures my dad sent me (we used his camera) so I'll have to add more later b/c they're so cute! After that we ate a quick lunch and then the kids were able to go and look for their Easter baskets in the back yard. Kaiden was so excited that the Easter Bunny hid an Easter basket for him. He was so hyped up while eating his lunch and once he was done he was opening the door ready to go! Once we got in the back yard we coaxed him a little on where to go and he was standing right in front of it but kept saying...I can't see my Easter basket, I don't think its over here. Me and Joe were just cracking up. I practically had to point it out to him and then he was just thrilled. But silly me didn't remember who's basket I hid where so we were actually helping him find Kalli's basket. But he was still excited to give her her basket and then go and search for his. After eating some candy and a short rest we headed over to Lisa and Aaron's for Easter dinner where Lisa made a delicious ham. We also enjoyed playing a few games on the Wii. And we all had a good laugh at Dad boxing Shannon. He was actually pretty good! And I was determined this Easter to dye Easter eggs. So me, Joe and Kaiden dyed a few until Kaiden got bored and tired of waiting so it was just me and Joe and then just me! But in all Easter was great. We missed Carmen in Utah, Autumn in New York, Mom in Hawaii, Mark, Sharon, Nate, Jake and Cameron in Colorado, and Mom and Dad in Argentina but it was still a wonderful Easter. An Easter where we were able to celebrate our Savior and reflect on the live He gave for us and remember that He Lives!

It's not as easy to see in this picture but the basket is on the right along side the fence. Kalli is just enjoying being outsideLook how excited that face is!




5 comments:

Kelli said...

Wait, is Joe dying eggs in his white church shirt? Hasn't having kids taught him anything?! I love the pictures of your kids in the clover field, I need to take pictures like you, I'm so stingy with my photos! Sounds like you had a fun Easter.

Murray Family said...

Those Easter pictures are SO cute!! What a pretty place to take them. That story about Kaiden wanting to pray with no words is so funny! That cracks me up! Your kids are so adorable :)

Julia said...

I love the easter pictures!

amy said...

Y'all had quite the Easter! I love the family picture in the clovers. It's so pretty! I hope you have a great time on your trip. It's always nice to have a vacation from the kids! Enjoy!

Trimble said...

Super cute pics!