Wednesday, January 6, 2010

August 2009

August was by far a busy, busy month! Autumn and Matt were married in the Baton Rouge Temple on August 1st and everything was beautiful! We enjoyed a nice luncheon after the sealing and then a beautiful reception at a local plantation (as you can tell Kalli enjoyed dancing with everyone!). These two are so much alike its crazy and I know they will be so happy together.












With summer coming to an end we tried to squeeze as much pool time as we could. By now Kaiden was hardly using floaties at all and really swimming! He was even jumping off the diving board and swimming to the side. Kalli was also jumping off the side with no floaties and doing pretty good at swimming from me to the steps. It was a sad day boxing up our swimsuits the following month.


Later in the month we were invited to spend the day at the Tarver's camp off of Belle River and we loved it! We spent the day lounging in the sun, swimming, jet skiing, tubing and eating of course!








We left the camp a little early to meet up with our friends to go to the Balloon Festival. We had a great time watching all the hot air balloons light up and let the kids run around like crazy. Then we were all able to rest and enjoy the firework show. (No clue why this picture won't turn)

And of course once summer comes to an end school starts. Kaiden started an all day Pre-k class at Southside Elem. I was very hesitant about signing him up b/c it was so long but I knew it was a great school b/c I went there! (and I still know many of the teachers...and they remember my family!) Plus Kaiden's teacher was my sister's Kindergarten teacher. As much as me and Kal miss him during the day he loves school and has already made some great friends.

One of our last summer things to do was attend a Luau for a friend's birthday party. My mom got the grass skirt and coconut bra from Hawaii a while back and I thought it would be hilarious Kalli to wear it then change in her swim suit later. She looked so cute!

1 comment:

Matt and Autumn Stone said...

haha i LOVE kalli's mermaid look!!