Thursday, January 7, 2010

September 2009

My baby nephew turned the Big 1 on September 2nd. Lisa and Aaron had a party with close family and friends. He was so cute eating his cupcake. Kaiden and Kalli were more than helpful when it came to opening his presents. We were also able to say goodbye to a family friend, Ms Bernie. She flew out the next day to go to London for a mission for our church.

Labor Day weekend we meet up with my parents in Mississippi at the farm house. The kids enjoyed riding on the wheelers and we took a trip to the Mary Wall Bridge, which is named after my grandmother. As a kid we would go there every summer to play and swim. Our favorite thing was jumping off the bridge into the water-can't wait until my kids are old enough for that! We decided to let the kids wade in the water as you can tell they really didn't know what that meant. :) It wasn't long until they were completely emerged, good thing I brought extra clothes!

Kalli started a little mother's day out program to give us both a little break. I thought she would be bored at home all day without Kaiden to play with and I didn't mind having a few hours to myself. Her first day she did great and really loved it. But a month or two later she cried every time I brought her. It was such a sad cry and it broke my heart dropping her off. But when I picked her up she would tell me how much fun she had but when it was time to go again the tears came rolling in. I decided I couldn't take any more and stopped bringing her. But I'll still post her picture from her first day of school. :)


BYU was playing Tulane in the New Orleans Superdome and Autumn (who was then living in Colorado and a former BYU cheerleader) insisted that we go. I found a good price on tickets so we decided to it would be a fun family outing. The Wesley's joined us and we even saw a few other members from our ward there which made for a great afternoon.. BYU fans outnumbered the Tulane fans I guess being a mormon you're almost instantly a Cougar fan. We had awesome seats and the kids loved making as much noise as they could without getting in trouble. Cougars won (wasn't much competition) but we had a wonderful time.




The following weekend the Wesley's invited us to go boating at Lake Maurepas. Mark's brother-in-law Pat own a little party barge that we loved lounging on while we took turns riding the kids on the jet skis. We parked for a while and let the kids swim and play. Unfortunately Joe wasn't able to come due to school work but we managed to have a good time without him. Thanks Mark and Kim for the invite!





The last weekend in September me and my friend Katie took the kids to a little fair at Walker high school. The kids had a lot of fun riding rides and then we cooled off with some ice cream afterwards.


No comments: