Thursday, January 14, 2010

November 2009

Kaiden had his last 2 soccer games this month and his total goals for the season was 31! He did so great! It was a blast seeing him play everyday and watch how much he'd improve every game. At the end of the season his coach put together a party at It's My Party. It has a huge play room with a bunch of different inflatable space walks and jumping things. Luckily siblings were also invited and the kids had a blast! Kaiden also got another trophy and I'm already starting to worry where I'm going to put all of his future ones!


I was lucky enough to have some of my regular customers at work give me two LSU tickets as part of my tip! And who else would I bring along with me but my very own handsome LSU graduate student! We had a good time and had pretty good seats. It was a great night out even after fighting traffic and nearly going broke from paying a sitter!


Probably the most exciting part of the month was having Joe's parents come to visit! They recently came home from their 3 year mission serving as Temple President and Matron in the Buenos Aires, Argentina Temple. Three years is a looooonnng time! It was their first time meeting Kalli so there was a lot of anticipation. As excited as both kids were all week the second we spot them in the airport they immediately became super shy and Kalli would hardly look at either Grandma or Grandpa! But by the time we were walking to the car she was already warming up and holding Grandma's hand. It was great having them here and seeing how quick and easy the kids became comfortable with them. It was also nice for my kids to have both sets of grandparents around. Special thanks to my mom and dad for giving them a place to stay. Again it was a wonderful visit and it was sad to see them go but comforting to know we'd see them in a month for Christmas.






With all of my family in town for Thanksgiving my Dad had no other choice but to make a massive bonfire! We all had a good time eating our fair share of hotdogs and roasting marshmallows...especially Kaiden! It was great to have my cousin Jill and her husband Harry come in town as well as my sister, Carmen, who flew in from Utah. It was a great night to help expand our tummies for the big Thanksgiving feast the following day!






Thanksgiving Day was a lot of fun! It's been years since all of us siblings have been home for Turkey Day and it was great just hanging out with one another. We also enjoyed the new additions to the family, Autumn's hubby, Matt and Nana's finance' Cary. Of course I didn't get the entire group shot on my camera but the Saxon family picture turned out pretty cute. I love my family and am so grateful that we are and Eternal Family!




After everyone over-stuffed themselves we walked to the back and took a few turns riding Aaron's motorbikes and playing on Papa's tractor. Kaiden was begging all the boys to give him a ride, he was a major adrenaline junkie that day. It was lots of fun and we ended the day by watching a movie at Aaron and Lisa's.














The following day we all headed over to Mississippi to go to the farm house (where my mother and grandfather grew up) to ride more wheelers and bikes and the boys even shot a few guns. The kids had a great time and were completely worn out by the end of the day as was I!








There were a few Birthdays this month, for one I turned 29! I can't believe I'm less than a year away from 30! Both of Joe's parent's birthdays were also in November and so was my little Kayleigh Ruth, she turned 1! Katie and I have been best friends for years and I just love her babies like they were my own and vice versa. We had a great time at KK's Birthday Bash.

No comments: