Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Birthday and Blessing

Sunday was my 28th Birthday and also my cute little nephew, Greyson's Blessing day. We had Lisa's mom and Aunt join us at church and then we all meet up for some seafood gumbo at Lisa's house for lunch. My mom makes the best gumbo and today was no different! It was so yummy! Lisa was sweet enough to make me some yummy cupcakes too. Not that I had anymore room but somehow I managed to eat 2 of them. Maybe that's one of the perks for getting older, you can always make room for sweets to help your bum grow! After a nice visit and some motorbike riding we took a late afternoon/evening nap and then went to my parent's for some homemade ice cream. Joe was a little upset I chose cherry ice cream instead of vanilla but he got over it...I mean it is MY birthday! Since it was Sunday Joe and I went out Monday night for my birthday celebration. My sweet friend Holly watched Kaiden and my dear SIL, Lisa, watched Kalli. The kids had a great time and Joe and I really enjoyed our night out. Is it me or do you seem to talk more with your spouse when your out together than you do sitting at home together? It's always like that with us. If were at home we talk but it seem when were out we really talk. Maybe it's the lack of interruptions! We went to the mall to pick out my new watch (which I love) and then headed over to PF Changs were we ate way too much! But boy was it delicious! Thanks again girls for taking care of my kids for my night out! Aaron took pictures at my parents house so I'll post those as soon as he emails them to me. It was a great birthday and thanks to all for your sweet emails, texts, and phone calls!

Lisa's mom, Joanne, Aaron, Lisa, Greyson and Aunt Jeanie(Don't worry Joe's already gotten a haircut since then!)The Cute CousinsGreyson was getting a little cranky and hungry!

My brother is so sweet to download fun games for Kaiden on his IPhone. Kaiden was staying entertained until the next round of pictures.

The Deschamps and Saxon ClanKalli refused last week to ride on Uncle Aaron's bike. She was way too scared. But the second Kaiden hopped on to ride she was whining b/c she wanted to ride too. That girl would jump off a bridge if Kaiden did it first! But she enjoyed herself and hopefully she won't be scared to do it on her own next time.

5 comments:

Lori O said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had such a great day.

Jill Britt said...

Happy belated birthday! Sorry we missed it.

Kelli said...

I love your kids halloween costumes! And your zoo looks great, I don't think we can touch any of the animals in our zoo, not that I think my kids would be brave enough to do so anyway. Happy birthday, how lucky you got to eat at PF Changs, I can't remember the last time we ate there (but yeah for us, my brother's wedding dinner is there tomorrow night).

Holly said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday. Kailey was really excited that Kaiden came over. They had a good time playing. At one point they found this piece of curling ribbon, and they kept running through the house laughing really hard. I don't know what was funny about that piece of ribbon, but they couldn't stop.

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you had a great day...looks like you did! I love what you are wearing for Greyson's Blessing Day, you look gorgeous :-)
xoxo