Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sacrament Program

Sunday Nov 9
Two Sundays ago was our Primary Program. For those non LDS friends its an opportunity for our Sunday School children to share with the whole congregation what they've learned throughout the year. Each child has a speaking part and they all sing songs they've been learning. This years theme was I am a Child of God. Being in the Primary Presidency has helped me to learn all the new songs and given me an opportunity to teach those to Kaiden. A few months ago I decided to invite our older Nursery children to Singing Time, which helped Kaiden learn the songs even better. After our family scripture reading we sing a church song before we say our prayer and Kaiden is usually the one to pick the song. He was always picking the songs we were learning that Sunday. And during his tuck-in he'd ask for extra help so he could learn and remember the whole song. Kaiden also insisted that we listen to 'primary songs' each time we were in the car. So as you can imagine he was well prepared for the program even though he wasn't old enough to be a part of it. Our primary has gotten pretty small over the last few months so Rachel (primary pres) and I decided to have next year's Sunbeams say a small speaking part for the program. And since I was going to be sitting on the stand anyways I decided to have Kaiden join me since he knew the songs well enough to sing along. I must say he did amazing! The first song we sang was I am a Child of God and he sang so loud he was on the verge of shouting! I was just so proud of him for doing so well and I felt the spirit so strong hearing him sing/shout those sweet words. I got teary eyed and I think the tears kept swelling b/c I was trying to keep my laughter in. You could definitely distinguish which voice was Kaiden's b/c he was the loudest of all the kids. It was funny to look out in the pews and see so many giggles and smiles, especially from Nathan! I was actually surprised at how reverent Kaiden was during the program too well as reverent as a 3 year old can be with no toys or snacks! He was so excited to say his part nice and clearly, "Jesus Christ is the Savior of all Mankind". I was such a proud momma that day and enjoyed all the comments I got throughout the day about what a great job Kaiden did, even from people I've never even met. I was also so proud of all the children b/c they sat so reverently the whole hour and did their parts perfectly! They all sang so beautifully and I think everyone there appreciated all of their hard work. We celebrated with some popcorn and a church video our last hour of Primary and they really enjoyed that. I just wish I would of taken a picture of Kaiden that day after church to show how handsome he looked. Too bad we're not allowed to video tape b/c I know his Grandparents and Aunts and Uncle would have loved to see him steal the show! :)

1 comment:

Cherie' said...

I was wondering who that was singing loudly, it was great!

Oh, send me your email so I can invite you to our blog treetheshee@yahoo.com.

Also, I finished the Twilight book in one afternoon. Cannot wait to see the movie and read the other books!