Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween


After a day at the Zoo we all took a much needed rest. Then it was all the excitement that Halloween brings as we rushed to get ready and head over to my mom and dad's house for a quick hello and 'Trick-or-Treat'. We couldn't stop by their house without letting Kaiden's buddy, Mr Nick, see them all dressed up. Mr Nick and his sweet wife, Janice, live across the pond from my parents and they both adore Kalli and Kadien. He's always bringing out bread for them to help him feed the fish and ducks and then he treats them to a small bag of M&Ms or something else yummy. They were really glad we stopped by and the kids were excited to get some little pumpkin goodies bags from Mrs Janice. Then it was on to Aaron and Lisa's house. Robert and Shonna were nice enough to pick up pizza so we had a quick dinner and once Holly and Joel got there we took a few pictures changed a few dirty diapers and then it was off to get some candy! The kids had a blast going from door to door. Me and Kal were falling a little behind so I got to see her go to a few door by herself and she was sooo cute! I know I'm bias but when she said 'Tick Teet' to those at the door everyone else agreed with me! And not to mention her little booty shake run as she would try and catch up to Kaiden and Kailey. I'm so glad we were able to meet up with the Bonnettes b/c Kaiden really enjoyed having KK there. Kaiden was so into Trick-or-Treating that he'd get all thrown off and upset if we let him go to a door and no one ever answered to bring him candy. The real annoying part is that these people would have their lights on...Hello isn't that the #1 rule if your not home or not giving out candy turn OFF your lights! Well the kids walked up to this one house that had skulls all light up in the front yard and Halloween lights all around the door way and they were pretty disappointed when we told them to turn around since no one was answering the door. As we were cutting through the yard a dad with his little (I'm guessing) 1year old daughter in a wagon was passing us. The kids all stopped and smiled and said she was so cute and then Kaiden said Trick-or-Treat. I just laughed and so did the guy but then Kaiden said it several more times. And each time he was getting more and more annoyed that this little girl was not giving him some trick-or-treats! At one point he even told her 'give me your candy' or something along those lines. I was so embarrassed! I was finally able to make him understand that she was trick-or-treating too. I thought it was pretty funny. In all we had a great night and have more candy than I know what to do with and way more than I should be eating!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow, your kids are so cute and they are getting so big! Love their costumes!

Jill Britt said...

Sorry we missed the adorable trick or treaters this year!

Trimble said...

The kids do look super cute and I love that top pic of all of you. Robin, you look so pretty in that picture.

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

Oh Kaiden and Kalli look so CUTE!!!! Kalli looks so grown up!
And I agree, you look so pretty in that picture Robin - your hair is getting long!