Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ahoy Matey!

On Tuesday Lisa and I took the kids to go and see the Pirate ship, Bounty. The kids enjoyed running around on the ship and I just loved having to chase after them! *note sarcasm* :) The ship was docked by the USS Kidd for a couple of weeks. It's a replica of the HSM Bounty made for the movie "Mutiny On the Bounty" starring Humphrey Bogart. The ship was recently restored for the filming of "Pirates Of the Carribean" and is in pristine condition. The Saturday and Sunday before we went they had a Jack Sparrow impersonator and all sorts of Pirate themed activities but it was rainy and cold Saturday so we didn't make it out. We still had a good time and the kids didn't' know the difference. The ship looked great and since we were out we decided to walk down the levy a little and let the kids see the old train at the station. We thought of you, Grandpa! Besides Kaiden not listening ALL day (I sometimes wonder if he has a hearing problem like his Grandpa hehe) and tormenting his sister on the way home it was a great day but it was even better once we got home for nap time!


7 comments:

Cherie' said...

I didn't know it was still here. Looks like a lot of fun!

7 Baldwin's said...

That is SOOO cool! I need to get out of my house more!

Covington's said...

Where did you find the train ??

Joan said...

that is the coolest train! what an awesome place to take pics!!!
Hey, thanks for the nice comments on my blog - my son took the picture so that is why the boots don't show, and then w/ the whole garment thing...kind of felt like I was wearing a mini dress, could be my paranoia!
can you e-mail me your address so I can send a x-mas card?
joanbwhite@yahoo.com

amy said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the ship. Also, love the Christmas tree and the cute family pic on your blog.

elizabeth said...

your winter wonderland picture of kalli and kaiden is GEORGOUS! I love how the snow looks on the trees. thanks for last night. i love you.

Corinne said...

My boys would LOVE THAT SHIP :)