Tuesday, December 2, 2008

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree...

*For Grandpa* On Sunday while talking to Grandma and Grandpa Kaiden kept telling them we had a Christmas tree and we were going to decorate it with ornaments the next day. So Grandpa told him he wanted Kaiden to take a picture of our Christmas tree and here it is. I thought he did a pretty good job taking the picture all by himself!

It's a miracle, we actually have Christmas decorations out as well as our tree and its even decorated! I have NEVER had our tree out this early before and decorated (not even when I was growing up). I felt like I might have a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit this year but with some pretty Christmas songs on my IPod and our decorations not anymore! Now there is NO laughing at our sad little tree. We bought this tree during our 2nd year of marriage and it shows! And as much as I'd love to get a real tree it's not going to happen this year. And after decorating it with my cute little family I think its beautiful! But once Joe is done with school and we'll all be calling him Dr. Joe I'll have an even more beautiful tree!! :)
Christmas is going to be so much fun this year because Kaiden is already so excited and Kalli just feeds off of his energy. They were thrilled when I got the tree out Sunday night but then Kaiden was disappointed that it wasn't as tall as the roof and that the lights were only one color. But he eventually got over it and now says "its sooo beautiful!". Joe had to work pretty late on Monday night so after dinner the kids and I watched "Joy to the World" and I was so overcome with emotion hearing the beautiful music sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and hearing athe accounts of our Savour's birth into this world, as well as seeing different stages of his life. I was so grateful to be there with my babies watching the birth/life of Jesus and helping to teach them about how blessed we are because of Him. As excited as I am to see the kids open all of their fun presents I'm even more excited to help them learn more about our Savior's life and why we celebrate Christmas. I have also committed myself to share this great video with a few friends. I hope to put together a cute basket with some Christmas goodies and a copy of the DVD. Anyone want to join me and make a goal for yourself to do the same? I think it'll be a great way for others to see the Church in a good light and put a better focus on Jesus Christ this year.
After watching the video the kids and I bundled up and enjoyed going outside to see the moon and Jupiter and Venus! Last night the two planets were visible near the moon and its the closest Venus will be until 2052! It was another 'awe' moment for the night. Shortly after Joe came home and it was finally time to decorate the tree. Kaiden asked me all day long if it was time to decorate. The kids were so much fun decorating and we had a great evening. Kalli was the first one to put an ornament on and she picked out a Santa Claus and when we told her to hang it on the tree she walked right over and put it on the floor under the tree. It was so funny. Awwww I love this time of year!
Kalli next to her ornament on the floor!

Mom showing Kalli how to 'hang' the ornamentsKaiden's turn putting the 'first' ornament on the tree Hmmm where should I hang this one??It looks perfect next to this other red one...
This was the kids favorite spot to be, in dad's arms hanging the ornaments 'high'


Dad putting the finishing touch

9 comments:

thecaillouets said...

i LOVE the tree. Brooklyn was real excited about ours when i got it out after Thanksgiving, but now not so much. She doesn't get Santa and presents yet. Trent is thrilled with me working for the Fullers. He thinks it will be good for me to have something to do EVERYDAY. I do love to stay busy. I am excited for the challenge and am looking forward to it.

Cherie' said...

Isn't Christmas a the best! Glad to see you are feeling better. I think you gave me your coodies Sunday cause now I am sick. Just kiddin! See you soon.

Jill Britt said...

I am so glad to see that you identified what that was we saw in the sky Monday night! I meant to look it up, but I forgot. I told Nathan that I thought the 2 really bright stars next to the moon might be planets, but we weren't sure which ones. So thanks for teaching me with your blog!

Jamie Hamilton said...

That is a good looking tree and that's a good idea for sharing he video.

Now I'm excited for getting a tree, after seeing yours and Jeni's.

Lacey said...

How sweet! I love your tree! I always talk about the bigger and better things yet to come for our family...a new house, a new bedroom set, a nice dining room table, but when I think about it, I'll be sad to let go of our newlywedness. And for that, I love sleeping on our handmedown mattress and using my not matching but lovely dresser we bought 6 months after we were married. Those are the memories to hold on to!

We saw the planets too on Sunday night while out for a walk! Chris identified them right away!

P.S- And you'll miss the school days! I couldn't wait to get Chris out of school..now paying student loan debt off and all the fun we had while in school, i sorta miss it! Crazy how that happens!

Whitney said...

Cute tree. and I love that new photo of you guys on your heading.

Cameron Family said...

Your tree looks great! It is so fun when the kids are as excited as you are to do all these things! I cannot wait until Chase is there! :) There is a little excitement, but I think it is the fact that there are lots of balls hanging from a tree in the house.

Joan said...

isn't the tree suppose to go up BEFORE thanksgiving? that's what i always thought!;)

Nell & Dan said...

Yay! I love your tree, but it doesn't look like the ones your family always had...are the Saxons switching to artificial trees?

Kally's hair is getting so long! She's such a cute little chub!!!