Friday, December 12, 2008

What's going on with Kaiden...

So lately Kadien has been really giving me a run for my money but then other times he totally surprises me with how sweet he is. He is a typical big brother and does things just to make Kalli mad (which doesn't take much these days!) He likes to tell Kalli what he's doing, such as "I'm going to play with the stroller!" Knowing that once Kalli hears he's playing with her stroller she's going to freak out and scream but he had it first so he won't get in trouble. Little stinker! But after running around with it and Kalli screaming and me trying to tell Kalli she'll get a turn later Kaiden will just stop and say its okay Kalli you can have it. So sweet but why did he have to start her crying in the first place??
Another thing that Kaiden has been up to is talking in his sleep. The other night after I got home from work Joe and i hear Kadien grunting in his room rather loudly. We both go in there and Kaiden is laying on his back squeezing his blanket yelling "Ugh I can't get it!" As he's rolling over I ask him what he can't get it and he yells the same thing again "I can't get it" while he reaching his arms out trying to catch something! He was totally out of it! When I ask again what he was trying get he said, "I don't know! Help me get it!" Joe and I were just cracking up. I finally got him to settle down and he slept fine the rest of the night. But it was so funny b/c he didn't have a clue and never really woke up.
Also a few things he has said that make me laugh:
"Uncle Mark, get set, go!" meaning 'On your mark, get set, go!'
"I'm so proud of you Kalli, good girl!"
"It's so pruddy"
One last thing the other night, while I was at work, Joe sent Kaiden to time out. Apparently the whole time Kaiden was in time out he decided to rub his forehead on the rug. Which resulted in a nice carpet burn. It looks so bad! He said it's sore so I know it must have hurt while he was doing it but why he kept doing it, I guess we'll never know!
I took this picture to show his big carpet burn. They were watching Dora so I was annoying him wanting to take a picture in the middle of his show.

9 comments:

Cameron Family said...

Wow...I cannot believe that carpet burn on his head! Poor guy! I guess he will never do that again while he is in time out. I love all the little stuff he says....especially the, "On you mark, get set, Go!" Cute!

Covington's said...

What a goober that little Kaiden is. Tell him I said that. It is funny though. Tyler has started the pinching thing so I pinched him back the other day and he got mad. Now, he pinches himself and then starts crying. WHY they do these things we'll never know.

Cherie' said...

Kaiden cracks me up with his carpet burn. That had to hurt. Ben went through his talking in his sleep stage but walking in his sleep went along with it and that creeped me out a bit. My mom said I did the same when I was little so I was a creepy kid too.

Murray Family said...

That carpet burn is so sad! And totally funny story about talking in his sleep. Maddie does it too. I LOVE it. It always gets me cracking up :).

Meg said...

Poor kid...the burn looks like a kiss :-) I love the photo of the kids in the snow at the top...

Lindy said...

Kaiden giving himself a rug burn to keep himself entertained while in time-out...that might be the funniest thing I have ever seen!!!!

Brandon and Jennie said...

One day a long time from now he is going to be so embarrassed that he gave himself carpet burn!

annie said...

you gotta love kids!! i'm totally having a lot of tired mom moments lately. i need to start sending myself to time out to take some deep breaths most days. i can't believe that he did that rug burn to himself. i remember once sydnie was bonking herself on the wall with her head while she was in timeout. i'm glad my kids not the only wierd one :)

Huffaker Family said...

That is one of the funniest time out stories I have heard. Your kids are getting so big.