Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mission Call

My sister Autumn sent in her mission papers just last week and has already received her mission call! We weren't able to be there while she opened her papers but we were able to see it all on web cam. Which is the next best thing, right?! She's so funny and started to read the wrong paper and finally a friend of hers gave her the paper that said where she would be going. And here it is...Drum roll please...Rochester, New York at the Hill Cumorah Visitor's Center and Historical Site! How cool is that! I'm so pumped for her but very sad for me. We've lived apart for a year now and that sucks but we always talk on the phone. But now I won't really be able to talk to her for 18 whole months!! I don't know what I'm going to do. She will graduate BYU sometime in August like the 17 and then report to the MTC August 29. I know she'll be a great missionary and touch many people helping them to feel the true love of Christ, but selfish me will still miss her dearly. My parents are already talking about going up there to visit and see the Hill Cumorah Pageant...so maybe I can get a free trip out of them! If so I'll be giving you a call Megan!

4 comments:

Maxwells said...

Hey we are around 5 hours from there!! That is awesome. We aren't going to make it to the pageant this year because Mike is taking the BAR, but next year we definatly planning on it. Kirtland is only a few hours away from there too. So if you guys ever want to come up and visit, you are more than welcome here! Tell her I say congratulations, Can't believe how old she is getting!

Danica said...

My girlfriend got back from that mission not too long ago and loved it. Fun!

annie said...

you never told me she was going to go on a mission!!! what the heck. that is where my brother brett served his mission and we went to the pagent and saw him. it was awsome.

7 Baldwin's said...

WOW!!! That sounds like the coolest mission! I know I didn't know her well but tell her I said CONGRATS!!!! We visited there when I was in high school and they had some cool sister missionaries- (the visitor center missions seem to get some of the coolest sisters so she'll have some dope companions!)