Friday, June 29, 2007

Sick and Tired of being SICK AND TIRED!!

Okay here's the deal I woke up last Wednesday morning with a sore throat. That lasted for a few days and then it slowly got better but I could hardly talk. My voice was constantly cracking and my throat would occasionally start to hurt again. Then the beginning of this week I start coughing. You know the awful dry coughing were it seems your coughing for no reason. I was doing that ALL day long! And apparently we've taught Kaiden good manners b/c every time I cough he says 'Bless you Mommy'. Which I know is very sweet but when your coughing as much as I am it starts to get pretty annoying. Especially when sometimes I'm coughing so loud and long Kaiden just starts yelling 'Bless you Mommy!' 'Bless you Mommy!' over and over! I start going crazy! Then there's the night coughing which is the worst. The last two nights I've been in bed for over and hour just coughing and coughing. I sometimes fall asleep for a few minutes but then get woken up having to cough again. I always have to go to the bathroom at least once during the night and unfortunately falling back to sleep isn't easy. I don't cough as long but I'm still coughing for a good 15-30 minutes. Plus I'm congested after waking up so trying to breath isn't even easy! Poor Joe has to get up early in the morning and has brought a pillow in the room w/ him to put it over his head when I can't stop coughing. I've tried to be a good wife and sleep on the couch but the one morning I did he got upset....sweet huh?
So that's my sad story of being sick and tired. What I'd give for a good night's rest with NO coughing! I'm not sure how much longer this can go on!!

4 comments:

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

I leave the computer for 2 minutes and Noah deletes my comment...He is way too clever for a 3 year old!
Anyway, what I was going to say was that it's no good you are sick, you poor thing! And coughing is the worst. Have you ever tried sucking on a minty lolly when you are trying to go to sleep? I think the minty stuff stops you getting a tickle in your throat. It probably sounds weird but it has always worked for me!
And I'd do anything for a good nights sleep!
I hope you feel better soon :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't want to alarm you, but I think you should be checked for viral (aka "walking") pneumonia. The cough that won't quit is a sign. You can inhale a spore that is blowing down the road and get it. You don't have to have a cold or anything first. Of course, no sleep makes everything worse. Good luck. Your kids are adorable!

annie said...

i'm sorry you are still sick, that sucks!! there is nothing worse then being sick. hopefully you will get better soon.