Wednesday, August 22, 2007

6 Month Check Up

Kalli turned 6 months last Tuesday and had her 6 month check up yesterday. I can't believe she is already 1/2 a year old! It feels like yesterday when we didn't even know what we were having and then the excitement and anticipation of Joe saying "Its a girl!". Then just a few days later we were bringing her home from the hospital. Its hard to believe she's been with us for 6 whole months but at the same time I can't imagine our life without her. She's been such a blessing to our family and touched all of our lives. Kalli makes me smile just thinking about her and I love that I have a girl that will hopefully be one of my best friends once she gets older. Me and my mom had our differences as I was growing up (as in I drove her crazy!) but now we are so close and I look forward to having that with Kalli. And I think she's already started to melt her Daddy's heart and she has definitely taught Kaiden what the word 'soft' means. I love her beautiful smiles and the way she squeals while watching Kaiden do anything...even if he's being mean. You can't talk about Kalli without mentioning those chubby cheeks and thighs! I just love those fat rolls, I could eat em up! Everything went well at her appointment and the doctor said she looked great...and cute of course! We were also told something that we already knew...that she's a BIG girl!Here's her measurements to prove it:
Length 27 1/4 inches (90th percentile) (She's tall now but I'm sure it won't last-look what she has to go off of!)
Weight 17.10 pounds (90th again)
Head circumference 17 1/2 (you guessed it, 90th)
I've been going a little camera crazy lately b/c Kalli is now fitting into her 6-9 month clothes so that means all new outfits! And they are just so freakin' cute I can't stand it. Plus every time I go to take a picture of her she starts working it and puts on a big smile, she just loves the camera. Since she's smiling so much I just end up taking more pictures-Enjoy!

Look how she's totally striking a pose!
A cute pic of Nana and the kiddies

8 comments:

Covington's said...

That Kalli is one beautiful little girl. I love her with the new hair flowers.

Rylee said...

Hey Robin, your little girl is precious! My little boy has chubby cheeks like her and it is just the best huh! I am glad you found my blog. It is nice to see how you guys are doing. Looks like life is great for you guys in Louisiana. Good to hear from you. And I am so sorry about your grandma. I was crying just reading your post about her. Especially about little Kaiden. So sad! He seems and looks like the sweetest little boy!

amy said...

I love to look at all your pictures of Kalli. She is so cute and happy all the time.

Julia said...

Kalli is so cute! Love the new outfits and her smile!

Holly said...

Kalli is such a cute girl. Its so much fun to watch them change as they grow. When Kailey was six months, she was really photogenic too. We took her to have her pictures made, and the photographer took over 100 pictures because she was smiling and posing so well. We had such a hard time deciding which ones to order Looks like y'all have the same problem with Kalli. What a good problem to have!

7 Baldwin's said...

What a looker!!! You're in for it when she's older! All those boys lining up at your door! Cute cute little girl Rob- you guys did good work!

annie said...

she looks so freakin' cute in these pictures!! i love them. i'm going to try to put one of the on my site so take a look soon :)

Amanda said...

Alright these pictures are beautiful! She is so cute. I just want to hold her and kiss her and really just have her know who I am. :)