Saturday, August 18, 2007

Bye Auntie Autumn

I had to drop Autumn off at the airport on Wednesday. She didn't really want me to bring her and to be honest I wasn't sure if I wanted to either. She said that short good byes were easier and she knew we would both cry if I did it. And well, she was right. I was holding everything back and doing okay until she got to the security check in. We went to hug good bye and she said don't cry but she was already getting teary eyed and then we both lost. By then I was at the point of no return. I gave her one last big hug and then just watched her give her ticket and walk off. It's so hard to think that Kaiden will be 4 years old and Kalli 2 when she comes back. So much can happen in that amount of time. I will miss her dearly but I know she is doing the right thing. I'm so proud of her and her decision to put her life on hold to serve a mission. It'll be hard not seeing her but even harder not being able to talk to her on the phone everyday. I'm not good at writing so I'm really going to have to discipline myself to write her often. I wish her the best of luck and I'll be sure to show pictures to Kalli and Kaiden often so they remember their Auntie Autumn.
Leaving to go to the airport
Auntie Autumn playing with Kaiden for the last time

2 comments:

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

Oh dear, airport goodbyes are always teary aren't they.
If I could come and keep you company I would, we would have lots of fun!
Hope you are feeling better today :-)

Robin D said...

Thanks Robyn! I think I had a dream that we met the other night...weird huh! Who knows maybe it'll come true one of these days!