Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Swimming x3


Once Kaiden got his cast off we've been quite busy catching up on the summer fun we've missed out on. After swimming at our house on Wednesday we went to a friend's house on Thursday. I couldn't get over how well Kaiden did. The last time we were in a big pool, before he broke his arm, he didn't want to leave the steps on the side. Kaiden was very timid even if I was holding him. Thursday he was the same way but I finally was able to convince him to come away from the steps w/ me. He floated on his belly for a bit w/ my help but then was ready to get back on the side. That's when I got Kalli out to do some swimming. She was having a great time, kicking her feet nonstop. Once Kaiden saw how much fun we were having he decided he wanted to swim w/ mom. He swam a bit and then Mrs. Karin brought out the swimming ring and he was on his own the rest of the day! He didn't need my help at all and had the best time. We all got a little sun but it was a great day.
Here's Kalli in her precious swimsuit that she only got to wear once before Kadien broke his arm. When I put her in it the other day I noticed that she has grown quite a bit in the last 8 weeks! I could hardly put the bottoms on and her tummy hangs out a lot more than before!


Then on Saturday we got our little kiddie pool out again and let Kaiden slide down into it. He loved it but wasn't a fan of Joe spraying him with hose. He made some pretty big splashes but I don't think I got a really good one on video. He was also trying to climb up the slide and would always wipe out but I couldn't get him to do it when I was taping.


Kalli watching her big brother playing in the pool...wishing she could join in.





Then again on Monday we went back to my friend's pool w/ my sister Shannon and Autumn. Kaiden did even better this time. Instead of using the swimming ring I got him a pair floaties. He didn't hesitate at all about jumping in and even wanted to jump off the diving board! The first time he did it all by himself and then he wanted to jump off with Nana. Another day of fun but no sunburn this time! And at the end of it all was a good nap!

5 comments:

amy said...

rylee has the same swimsuit-- I love it! Looks like you are having a great time.

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

I am so jealous! I can't wait for summer to come, I am so over winter!
You guys look like you had heaps of fun, Kaiden really loves the water doesn't he! That video was so cute :-)

annie said...

holy cow that a lot of swimming. i feel like we havn't swam forever. its been a couple of weeks since we went to 7 peaks. i can't believe how good kaiden did in the water. i want to get sydnie in swimmin lessons.

annie said...

oh, and kalli's swimsuit is so cute. in one of those pictures of her i can totally see you in her. it was wierd

Stacy Hutchinson said...

Now I feel the urge to go swimming. It's been raining so much lately, we just got used to doing things indoors. Time to catch some rays!