Thursday, July 10, 2008

What's Happening Now

*****WARNING*****this is a Brag Blog***** which also contains poop stories*****don't feel required to read*****WARNING*****
I've been so busy trying to update my blog from all of our trips but we've had some big milestones around here and wanted to share. Kaiden is one step closer to being fully potty trained! For some time now Kaiden has only been pooping during his nap or bed time when he has a pull up/diaper on. I've known for a while that he poops shortly after I read him his story but it wasn't until Tues that I knew just how soon. After leaving his room for 'rest time' I got back in (I kid you not) 4 minutes later and he already has poop. I was just thinking what a waste it is to use a pull up for 4 minutes! So as he's walking into the bathroom I say, "Kaiden how 'bout tomorrow before your rest you try and poop in the potty, like Cameron (his cousin) and Lilli (girlfriend see below) and Kaiely and Peyton (both friends from church)" His reaction was not what I was expecting at all and said "Okay". We've been fighting this battle for some time and finally let it go for now and it's paying off! I also added that he would be such a big kid when he poops in the potty just like all of his friends and he adds "like you too mommy!" Since I was working that night I gave Joe a heads up to make a big deal out it throughout the night so he would stay excited about the whole idea and not start to freak out again. I reminded him several times in the morning but to be honest I was so tired the next day that I almost completely forgot when it was nap time. I told Kaiden to go potty like usual while I changed Kalli and then it would be time to read a story. Well right as he sat down I remembered he needed to try and poop and to my astonishment he was still fine with the idea. So while I was in Kalli's room he comes running in with his shorts and undies around his ankles yelling "I pooped in the potty! Mommy I pooped!" I couldn't believe so Kal and I ran after him into the bathroom. That was such a proud mommy moment for me! He even went several more times that day. Later on in the week he started regressing so I reminded him he couldn't play with his new cars if he didn't poop in the potty. And ever since Sunday it's been smooth sailing, I didn't even have him wear a pull up during his nap today-and he was completely dry when he woke up! I don't think I'm quite ready to conquer no diaper for bed time but I don't think it will be long.
Since we're on the subject of poop I'll brag about my little girl too! Kalli has told me a few times now when she's had poop. I think she realizes how much attention and cheers Kaiden gets when he poops and she wanted in on some of that! Either way I'm happy. For example today I asked her if she had poop and she said no (which is her normal response for just about anything)but I checked regardless. About 15 minutes later she's walking around grabbing her bum saying "poop, poop" and sure enough she had it. Me and Kaiden gave her lots of claps and cheers just like he gets. It wouldn't surprise me if she gets potty trained before the year is over b/c she is so observant and wants to do EVERYTHING that Kaiden does. Along those lines I can't believe how grown up she has gotten just in the last month. Since we've been home her vocabulary has tripled in size and never stops talking (just like her brother)! Just for my memory's sake here are most of the words she's saying (0obviously she doesn't pronounce them perfectly but she's working on it!)- Mama, Dada, Brother, Bubbles, Lisa, Abby (Aaron and Lisa's dog), Dog, Duck, Cow, GeGe, Papa, Nana, Apple, UhOh, Nose, Eyes, Bum, Poop, Head, Hands, Chin, Belly, Baby, Want Down, Whats That, Want that, JoJo (the clown), Shoe, Plane, Please, Thank you, and of course my two favorite are NO! and MINE!

So needless to say I'm proud of my little girl! And she's also learned her body parts and some animal sounds as well. It's amazing to me how much quicker girls seem to pick things up and it probably helps that she's the second child or maybe she's a kid genius! Just Kidding!
One last thing that I'm excited about is enrolling Kaiden in school today. He'll start a 3 year old Pre-K class on Sept 3. It seems that he's just as excited as I am especially since he'll be going to school like daddy! It's only 3 days a week, which I feel is a good transition, and last from 8:30-11:45. Once I told him he'd being going to school he said "Ohhh I think Kalli will miss me". What a smart boy b/c I'm sure she'll be very bored without him but I'm looking forward to getting a few extra things done like grocery shopping with only 1 child! That's as close to heaven as I'm going to get for now!
For those of you who have read this entire post Bless You!

6 comments:

thecaillouets said...

thats an exciting day when they tell you they have pooped. brooklyn does that and for some reason it makes life a little eaiser not having to check. i want too start potty training now but i think we will wait till after baby leigh caillouet comes. (we still don't have a first name).

Lisa and Aaron said...

Hey Kalli said my name once or twice too! But yes, she says my dog's name 100xs more than mine :( lol Im happy potty training is coming along well for ya! Yay Kaiden!

Trimble said...

Nice work Kaiden! I think you're right, Kalli probably is a genius. :)

Nathan Britt said...

finally someone who loves to talk about poo!

Kelli said...

Yeah he's finally potty trained! We kept Hayden in diapers at night time until he went like 2 weeks straight with a dry diaper when he woke up, then I just braved it. He hasn't had any accidents, so it was nice. Kalli is getting so old, of course I've never met her but it seems like she just learned to walk or something and now she's getting all talkative! I love listening to Roman talk, only I understand half of what he says, everyone else thinks it's just gibberish, but I promise he talks a lot too!

Lori O said...

Congrats on the achievement. We are playing the potty training game here as well. Fun, fun for everyone!