Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Family Lunch and Skinrood visit

Monday May 26
Today we were able to meet up with Aunt Jo, Uncle Khem, Khemmer, and Grandma Liz for lunch and see Grandma one last time before going back to California. Since it was rainy we chose McDonalds for lunch and the kids were able to run and play like animals. Unfortunately it didn't take long before they were ready for naps and became cranky very quickly. Notice there are no pictures of Kaiden here b/c he was hiding some where in the play area and through a tantrum when it was time to go...good times! We still enjoyed the company and especially miss the times we had Sunday dinners at the Porter's.
Grandma, Jo, Khem, Khemmer, KalJoe and JoI think Kal was ready to go home!

After naps we headed over to our friend's Jason and Lindy's house for some Labor Day BBQ pulled pork. It was delicious and even though we were planning on dinner with some other friends I had to have some. Jason and Lindy insisted on trying the pork sandwich with coleslaw. Now I hate coleslaw, for starters it looks as bad as its name! But I decided to try it and they were right it was very good! Now does that mean the next time I go to Cane's I'll get the coleslaw instead of extra toast? Heck no but at least I tried it! Kaiden and David had a pretty good time playing together but they enjoyed watching Jason's video of blowing things up the most. While visiting me and Lindy were also able to walk over and see one of my old work buddies Emily. It was fun to catch up (even though we didn't need to do much of that-thanks to blogging!). Thanks Jason and Lindy for inviting us we enjoyed it and I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up again.

I think our camera was dying or something but we only got one picture of Davie and Kaiden playing. I was a little worried about all of David's mischief rubbing off on Kaiden b/c he does some pretty crazy things. But so far so good!

No comments: