Saturday, January 17, 2009

The BIG 4!

How in the world do I have a 4 year old!! I can vividly remember the day before I had Kaiden (my last day of work and everything I did that night) before we went to the hospital to have my sweet little baby boy. It seems like only yesterday... and in a blink of an eye he's in school and now he's 4! Joe and I loved looking through pictures from the last 4 years and finding our favorites of Kaiden. He's such a great kid and we are so blessed to have him as part of our family. A few things about Kaiden. He loves TV and would watch 'show' after 'show' if I'd let him. Although he loves TV he really LOVES playing outside and riding his bikes, scooters and tractors or just running around. He has so much energy and never seems to stop. Although you can tell when he NEEDS to stop and take a rest b/c he sure gets cranky when he's tired! Kaiden loves his family and although he plays the typical 'bully big brother' part well he can also be so sweet to his little sister. Helping her clean up, bringing her her toys and giving her the toy she's crying over. He's also a big helper around the house (when he's in the mood!) and loves to help mom. Kaiden loves ANYTHING "Cars" and has just about EVERY "Cars" car there is. He also loves trains and we're hoping (for Grandpa's sake) he keeps loving them at least until Grandpa gets back from Argentina and shows off his own train set! Kaiden loves to drive Papa's tractor and help Papa around outside. He also loves his cousins and still talks about our visit from the summer. He also loves his new baby cousin Greyson and is a real help to mom when he's fussy. He can have Greyson smiling in seconds while I'm getting his bottle ready (very big relief to me). Kaiden is a momma's boy but also his dad's biggest fan. He loves looking at jeeps on the computer with dad and won't let me do certain things b/c his "dad is suppose to do that!". But if he's cranky or sick he WANTS mom! Kaiden is so bright and very smart and his teacher and school assistant have both told me how impressed they are with him. Although he loves to play and goof off he knows his stuff and can remember everything it seems! He loves learning and is like a sponge just soaking it in. Kaiden loves Jesus and loves us to read the kids BOM with pictures to him. He loves missionaries and loves to pray. I enjoy ease dropping while he's saying his nightly prayers and especially loved his birthday breakfast prayer yesterday thanking Heavenly Father for blessing his birthday. In all Kaiden is such a blessing to our family and I couldn't' imagine life without him. WE LOVE YOU, KAIDEN!!
As I said I went through all of our pictures of Kaiden from the last 4 years and picked out most of my favorites. I know there's A LOT but you try doing the same for your kid, it's nearly impossible not to pick out a lot! So I've separated them into slide shows by each year. Enjoy...man he was/is a cute kid!
(And for those of you who didn't know Kaiden wore a correctional helmet when he was 7 months old for 2 months b/c the right side of his head was starting to get flat since he always laid on that side sucking his thumb.)










6 comments:

Stacy Hutchinson said...

What a sweetheart. They grow up way too fast:(

Murray Family said...

Aw, those pictures are darling! He's so big now. What a cute little baby he was :)

Whitney said...

4, soon he will be 5 and off to kindergarten....
I work from home for The Generations Network.. what was formerly MyFamily. I do Customer service stuff. crazy huh.

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAIDEN!!
What a cute little bubba he was Robin! Time fly's doesn't it, I can't believe I have a 5 year old...in the blink of an eye you will too!
They grow up way too fast!!

Lsaxon said...

Aww I didn't realize how much hair he had when he was born! Such a cutie!! He's my favorite nephew ya know?! Greyson said he's his favorite boy cousin too!! : )

Holly said...

I love the slide shows! Kailey kept walking over to watch and every time she would ask, "What's Kaiden doing now?" Her favorite picture was the hat day one. I didn't know he was such a chunky baby :)