Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pre New Year's Celebration

Our good friends Katie and Philip invited us over for a fun night popping fireworks two days after Christmas. This was also Aaron's birthday so it was fun to visit with him now that he's the BIG3-0! I'm amazed at how many people like my older brother b/c his house was packed especially for a last minute party invite! :) After visiting for a while there we headed over to Katie and Phe's. The kids were very excited to see Tyler and even more excited to play with his toys! They were also excited to see baby Kaleigh for only the 2nd time since she was born (I know I'm a horrible friend! We just kept getting sick!) Kaleigh is of course as precious as ever and Tyler is so big! The kids had a blast together playing with Tyler's new train table while Kaleigh ate and the big boys aka. Joe, Phe and Ryan (Katie's lil bro) had a Roman Candle war. I was out on the side line of the war zone filming these idiots the whole time. It was pretty amusing to say the least until the very last candle was pointed at me and zoomed over my head just inches from hitting me! Philip apparently thought I was Ryan and wanted to kill him! Luckily it missed me but it didn't help my fear of fireworks!


After the boys had their fun it was time for all of us to enjoy the fireworks show. Katie and Phe go all out when it comes to fireworks and we've luckily been able to reap the rewards from that quite a few times. Kaiden and Tyler were in heaven once the fireworks started. Kalli on the other hand was a little freaked out. Not nearly as bad as Kaiden was at her age (meaning she wasn't screaming or crying) but she could have done with out all the loud noise. Here are some fun pictures from our even funner night. Of course we had to end the night with a few games of Uno in which I totally kicked butt at!
Patiently waiting for the show to start
Can you tell they're excited or what?! Yes they're screaming but it's at least a happy scream!

I took this video after these pictures and I wish I would have taken the video first b/c their reaction was even crazier than this...if you can imagine that! Sorry it's so dark but if you look closely you can see how uneasy Kalli is by the whole idea.

Kal had to snuggle for the first little while to get used to all the loud fireworksAunt Katie, Kaleigh, and Kalli

The ones running the show, Joe, Phe, and Ryan

Kal was ready to 'get away' from all the noiseCover your ears!


Kalli was always much happier being held. She says fireworks at the end-too cute!



The safety goggles were passed around a few times

The kids were very excited for the sparklers
That is until Kaiden burnt his eye. He held it a little too close and burnt just right above his eyebrow...it could have been a lot worse so we're thankful for that but I did miss my cute picture opportunity.

All better now and having a great time with his best bud!Kalli hiding out in the play houseKatie and MeAfter the fireworks the kids took a casual drive around the yard

Cute pictures of Kal with her messy ponytail wearing her boyfriend's (Tyler) shirt. I just thought she looked so cute!

The kids watching their movie while we played UNO

No comments: