Monday, January 19, 2009

Spirit Shirt, Nugget and Birthday Day

Like I said earlier I went to Kaiden's school to bring cupcakes for his Birthday. I think I was more excited than he was. I really want to be a part of his school and help out when I can but I never exactly know how to tell the teacher that without being too pushy or whatever. Well a birthday is a great excuse to pop in! His regular teacher wasn't there b/c her mother had just passed away but the school's assistant, Mrs Liz, had been subbing for the last 2 weeks and she's great! (Not that Mrs Shawn isn't) Well when I got there the kids were enjoying their nuggets and watching a short movie to celebrate Nugget Day since they were learning about the letter 'N'. The kids were so cute singing Happy Birthday to Kaiden and were especially excited to get cupcakes. Afterwards while we were waiting for a US Marine to come talk to the class (something that was suppose to happen during 'M' week but was postponed) the kids sang their song that they had learned that week to help them remember the letter 'N'. it was really cute even though most of the kids didn't remember all of it. In all it was a really fun day to spend with Kaiden at school and see how he interacts with his teacher and all of his little friends.



Kaiden wanted to take a picture of me and Mrs Liz. He's the Birthday Boy so we agreed!

5 comments:

Corinne said...

happy birthday kaiden! can you believe the boys are 4! when you lived here i thought that they were so big and they were just babies! love the video of the kids singing. too cute!

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

Oh how cute! Don't you love birthdays at school :-)
xoxo

Stacy Hutchinson said...

It looks like he enjoys his little school. How fun. Happy birthday, little man! We have an alphabet puzzle with "narwhal" for the letter "N". I've never even heard of this thing. When did it become the animal to represent "N"?

Kelli said...

How fun, Hayden's preschool doesn't allow treats, but I think it would be fun to bring in cupcakes for the kids because seriously, what kid doesn't love cupcakes?! His preschool sounds pretty cool, I think I might use the letter idea at home with Hayden to help him learn his letters.

Jessica said...

All I do to volunteer at Brennan's school is tell the teacher, "I can come in on X day at Y time. What will you want me to do?" It's worked so far.
Just make sure the teacher knows you are willing to help out and the projects will come your way.
I just sent two pounds of homemade play doh to school per the teacher's request and I will be going in and volunteering with some reading work b/c the teacher knew I was willing and she wasn't afraid to ask for help. I bet Kaiden's teacher would give you projects, too.