Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Nothing Like a Saxon Bonfire

For any of you who have been to my parents house know my dad builds a serious bonfire. Yes that's right I said 'build'. My dad puts so much time making his bonfires that they're usually over 12 feet high. This one was no exception. Because of the hurricane many trees fell down in the woods behind my parents house. My dad has slowly but surely been cutting them up and preparing for a big bonfire. He usually invites our ward and anyone else who wants to come and enjoy the big fire, and that's what we did-enjoy. Burgers were provided by church and we had some yummy chips and drinks to go along with them. My dad builds a smaller fire off to the side for roasting marshmallow and has some hot coals with racks over them for the cooking. It's a pretty nice set up if you ask me. The weather was perfect, not too chilly or too hot, just comfortable. I only took a few pictures b/c Joe and I were pretty busy running after our kids to make sure they didn't try and cook themselves!
Some of the YM excited to play with fire

Is that not HUGE???

Those flames were so high and the little embers were falling all around like snow (but not something you'd want to catch on your tongue)

1 comment:

Brandon and Jennie said...

We had fun but on the way home I was sad b/c I didn't do any marshmallows.