Thursday, October 2, 2008

7 Years and Counting!

Monday July 14
(I previously posted this back in July but I'm reposting so that everything goes in order)
Joe and I celebrated our 7 Year Anniversary today! It's hard to believe that it's been 7 years since we were married in the Baton Rouge Temple. Time seems to go by so fast. Here are a few pictures of us and family on our wedding day. My first time using the scanner (which is why the quality isn't the best). I think I look like a kid, but then again I was only 20! I love thinking back on our wedding day and how special it was for both of us- especially having Joe's parents come in from Bolivia (they were on a temple mission at the time). Then to add to the excitement we found out Joe's dad would be able to seal us which made it even more special! We've come a long way since then and our love for each other has grown. There have been bumps in the road but we both love each other and that's what matters. We love spending time together where we can just talk about anything but it's also great to be at home with our 2 wonderful kids. Joe is my best friend and I couldn't imagine spending my life without him. Eternity is a long time and I wouldn't want anyone else by my side!
My family-Aaron, Dad, Mulla (dad's mom) Joe, Me, MawMaw, Shannon, Autumn, and Carmen. What a difference 7 years make!
Joe's family-Earl, Mark, Joe, Me, Sharon, Judy, Nate and Jake. I can't believe how little my nephews are in this picture!
Tonight Joe and I went out for dinner and a movie. We splurged and went to PF Changs. It was so yummy! Joe has always wanted to just order lettuce wraps but I couldn't resist the Mongolian Beef. Everything was delicious and we both ate way too much! After dinner we saw Hancock ,which wasn't the best movie, but it was fun just hanging out with Joe and not being interrupted. My mom was nice enough to watch the kids and put them to bed for us. We had a great evening just the 2 of us and wish we could go out as a couple more often! Joe gave in and took a picture with me. I told him I needed one to put on the blog!

12 comments:

Julia said...

Congrats you guys!

Covington's said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !! I am so glad you two had a night out with no kids. Having that time together is more important than you realize.

Lacey said...

Happy Anniversary! For some reason I always thought you got married in Utah...you look beautiful!

We're right behind ya! It's crazy how fast it all goes by!

Kristen C said...

Congratulations on a great 7 years!!!

Murray Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Way cute picture of you two. I'm so sad Hancock wasn't great. I've been looking forward to it! Bummer!

annie said...

i new yours was coming up soon. wierd huh to have 7 years behind us. as coby would say, "7 years of wedded bliss". i'm glad that you guys got to go and do something for it. fun!

Trimble said...

Happy anniversary! That look on Joe's face is priceless!

Jill Britt said...

Happy anniversary! I had no idea that ya'll have been married so long. Congratulations!

Jessica said...

all bart will eat at pfc is the lettuce wraps, too.
i totally understand what you mean about looking young in wedding photos...i was 19 and turned 20 20 days later...man, have i learned a lot since then, as i am sure you have.
happy anniversary!

Lindy said...

Holy cow!! 7 years! That's crazy! I feel like we're all getting so old. I remember when you guys first met and that seems like yesterday. Glad you got to do something fun. Here's to many more happy years!

Jamie Hamilton said...

Happy Anniversary! Look out for the 7 year itch! Just kidding :)

Craig, Robyn, Noah and Kaiden... said...

Happy Anniversary!!
I've been wanting to go and see Hancock...maybe I'll wait for the DVD. Glad you guys got a night to yourself though, isn't it great to sit down to eat and not have to cut up someone elses food before you can eat your own?! :-P