Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mommy & Me-an Unexpected Twist

Monday July 7
We headed out to the Mall of Louisiana for Mommy and Me to get out of the house but not in the heat! My then prego friend, Elizabeth went along with us for the adventure and lots of laughs! We started off by a ride on the FREE carousel and then had some lunch. My kids so have my personality and unfortunately Joe's, so they can't sit for long and relax. Today was no different and after they ate they were ready to run around. We saw the clowns and rode on the carousel a few more times...did I mention it was free! :) After that it was getting closer and closer to nap time and Elizabeth really shouldn't of been out of the house in the first place so we decided to go down stairs and make our way to the car. Well we each wanted to just peek into a few stores on our walk back. So Elizabeth ventured off on her own while I took both kids into Gymboree to look for some sales. Then I headed over next door to a shoe store where both kids were starting to go stir crazy. Neither would sit in the stroller w/o screaming so I was trying to hold Kalli and push the stroller while making sure Kaiden is close by (Kaiden is really good at listening and staying where I can see him...Kalli not so much, hence the reason I was holding her). As I'm walking around the shoe store I put Kalli down for a minute and she's starting to get even more wild and I also get a whiff of something...that's never a good sign. So I quickly pick her up and at the same time I notice Elizabeth close by on her phone. As i hold Kal in my arms I totally know she's the stinky culprit and now I feel a warm goo on my arm. Before I even look down I know what this 'goo' is and I'm just mortified. I take one look at Elizabeth in mere panic and show her my arm as she proceeds to tell me its all over Kal's skirt as well! I take of sprinting to find a bathroom leaving Elizabeth to take care of Kaiden. Well Kaiden doesn't do so well when I just take off w/o any explanation. So he starts running after me screaming and Elizabeth with her baby bump of twins just tries to keep up! I'm sure we were a sight! Well I get to an information desk and ask where the nearest bathroom is and with my luck its closed for remodeling! So the closest one is upstairs where all the chaos is of Mommy and Me where I'd have to go through the entire food court to make my way to the crowded bathrooms all with poop on me! I don't think so! So i run over to the entrance of Sears's where there's an out of the way bench and not many people walk buy and that's where we do our clean up. It was awful! Of course we left right after that pushing Kalli in just a shirt and diaper screaming b/c she wants to get out! Don't' you just love blow outs??


No comments: