Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Baby Greyson Comes Early!

My newest nephew, Greyson Joseph Saxon, was born on Sept 02, 2008. He surprised everyone and came 2 weeks early, the day after Gustav! He weighed 7lbs 9oz and was 20.5 inches long. He was a pretty big guy for being 2 week early. As much as my dad tried to push the issue Aaron and Lisa did NOT name him Gustav, not even for a middle name. Poor dad he thought it would be so funny and he even looked at his pedigree chart to prove that it was a family name (his grandpa or great grandpa).
So here's the story of how it all went down.
Gustav hit on Monday night and after we drove around and checked on our house we drove Aaron and Lisa back to their house. They went and had dinner with the Britt's and we went to my parents. Aaron and Lisa went to bed at 10 and then Lisa woke up around 11:30 thinking she just needed to use the bathroom but something felt weird. She walked in the bathroom and her water broke! She was a little freaked out, to say the least!, and started trying to clean everything up and pull herself together. Aaron now wakes up and asks what's going on. She's tell him the news and he jumps out of bed rushing to get all their bags together. Now Aaron just had surgery on his shoulder less than a week ago, and is still in a lot of pain, wearing an arm brace and he shouldn't be moving it at all. So here they are getting all their things together with flash lights (remember no power) and getting in the car to drive in the blackness of the night.
No right around 11:45 I'm laying in bed with Kaiden, at my mom's, trying to fall asleep but I'm so hot and uncomfortable I'm having a little trouble. I hear the house phone ring and wonder who the heck is calling so late and freaking out thinking Kaiden might wake up. Then next thing I know mom is walking in the room with her flashlight to tell me Lisa's water broke. I jump out of bed so quick-there's no way I can sleep now!
**A little history**
Many of you know I had a c-section with Kaiden b/c he was breach. So when I was pregnant with Kalli my doctor agreed to let me try and have a natural delivery. Long story short I was induced and after pushing for 45 minutes I chocked on a piece a ice and started coughing and then got sick. That caused my previous scar on my uterus to tear and rip,causing the worst pain I have ever felt in my life! I was quickly prepped for surgery and had Kalli just 1/2 an hour later. Don't get me wrong, I'm so very thankful that both of my came into this world healthy, strong and safe but I really, REALLY wanted to have the opportunity to have a natural labor and delivery. Since that will obviously never be an option for me I have told all of my sisters that at least ONE of them will HAVE to let me in their room while giving birth. I didn't care who it was or if it was baby #1 or #10 but I just wanted to be in there at least once! Well Lisa told me early on that I could be in the birthing room with her,Aaron, and her mom. I was so touched my her offering and was determined I was not going to miss the birth of my little nephew Greyson for anything!
Now back to Lisa's story. My mom and I talk it over and decide to take a quick, cold shower and head over to the hospital. I talked with Lisa on the phone for a minute and they were driving there now. I think she was a little panicked b/c it was pitch black outside-no street lights at all- and Aaron was driving his car which is a stick shift. He wasn't able to use his right arm due to his surgery so he had to shift with his left instead. They had to be so careful b/c there were so many power lines down by their house and its nearly impossible to see at night. Lisa said that was the scariest ride of her life!
Well they made it to the hospital just fine and we got there shortly after. It was so weird driving down the interstate and Airline Hwy with no other cars and it being completely black, Lisa was right to be scared! Not to mention Aaron had just taken a pain pill, when he went to bed, which causes drowsiness. Mom and I were a little excited to get our of the hot house and into an air conditioned hospital. Well we were sadly disappointed when we got to Lisa's room and she was welcomed by a box fan! Yup that's right. The hospital had a generator for just lights and equipment no AC! Lisa was fine b/c the fan was on her (which is where it should be...she was in labor!) but we were all getting a little hot. Aaron was doing everything in his power to stay awake. Lisa was only dilated to a 3 so mom and I decided we'd go home, try and get some rest-and them too, and come back when it was time for her to start pushing.
I think we got home right before 2 and I was so tired I feel right asleep in my sweaty sheets-yuck! Well before I knew it I hear the house phone ringing again. I jump out of bed, rummage for my flashlight and run down the hall. Of course I didn't get to it in time and the next call is on my cell phone. Well its Aaron and he tells me Lisa is already pushing!! What?!?! I told him to call me BEFORE she started not while! I was panicked b/c I really wanted to be there but didn't know if we'd make it in time. I woke mom up and we both got dressed so quick. Aaron called right at 5:20 and we got to the hospital around 5:45 and little Greyson was born at 6:02am. So we made it just in time. I was driving as fast as I felt safe and I pulled in the drivethru at the hospital and jumped out of the car so fast and let mom park. I was seriously running through the hospital! Since Lisa's mom was stuck in Meridian due to the hurricane my mom joined us for the delivery. It was such a neat experience! I was afraid that I'd be totally grossed out but I was so overcome with emotion and just taking everything in. Lisa was a pro and how lucky is she with such a short labor! She only pushed for about 45 mins!
Later on that day me, Joe and the kids stopped by to visit. Kaiden was so excited to see his new cousin, Greyson. Kalli was just along for the ride. :) We visited for a few minutes but the kids were getting a little to rambunctious so he left and decided to pick up some Burger King on our way home. Well what a bad idea! There was only a handful of places open and all of them had lines. We waited in the drive thru line for an hour!! The kids were going crazy! Not to mention the traffic getting off the interstate b/c Denham had one of the only gas stations open. You seriously had to wait in line to turn right off the interstate b/c the line to the gas station was so backed up! I'm glad we were prepared and had plenty of gas! Well were so glad little Greyson is here, safe and sound! He's such a cutie!

1 comment:

Trimble said...

That is one seriously funny story! I'm glad you made it for the delivery! :)