Thursday, October 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn!!!

Friday August 1/ Saturday August 2
I know almost everyone has already done their tribute to Breaking Dawn and I'm so far behind it's not even funny but like I said I'm dedicated to catching up! So after Lisa's shower we all planned for our Girl's night out. Of course all of our husbands couldn't just sit around by themselves so my brother set up a boy's night of video games at his house. There's still debates going on for who's more of a nerd, the girls who go for a book release at midnight or the guys who had a video game party. I think the boys are much dorkier if you ask me! So anyways, it was Lisa's Birthday on Friday so we went to dinner and had a great time. A few friend's couldn't hang with the big dogs and went home for bed after dinner and the dedicated Twilight fans headed over to Barnes Noble for the midnight release of Breaking Dawn!! We had so much fun that night! Barnes and Nobel had a prom theme and I was surprised at how many people where there. We were definitely the older ones in the crowd but we didn't care. We sat around visiting for a while until it was finally time to line up for our books. It was so great but by the time most of us got home we were so pooped we went to bed and didn't even read! Laura was definitely a trooper and finished the book before Sunday. That might not seem like a big deal to most of you but she has four very active boys and her baby was less than a month old at that time!
Now that we've all finished reading we're left wanting more! I can't wait for the movie to come out next month, it's going to be great!
All of the girls at dinnerBirthday Girl and Jennie at dinner

Elizabeth & Jill

All of us in front of the Twilight wall and on the Prom Dance floor

(Holly, Me, Jennie, Lisa, Jill, Tara, Laura, Jamie, Lila in carrier, & Sara in stroller)

Lisa with Jamie and Jill. Lisa has a "My heart belongs to Edward" sticker on her baby bump. She was insisting her baby belonged to Edward...little did we know...I think it was foreshadowing...

Me, Holly and Jennie

Holly was dedicated, she had just started the 1st book not even a week ago and there she was at the release with us with just a few chapters left in the 3rd book. She was trying to read as much as she could waiting in line but obviously there were many distractions! I think my kicking backside might of been one of them!! ;)


And the clock strikes 12!! (Lisa, Me, Tara, & Laura)

Jennie, Lisa, and Jill on the end purchasing their copies

Our Vampire Lover Clan

Holly, Tara, Lisa, Me, Jill, Jennie, Laura, & Jamie)

2 comments:

Lacey said...

So much fun! We did the same thing and already have our GNO planned for the movie! Can't wait! It's hard to believe there are people out there who haven't read the books! I read Twilight in 2005! People need to come out from underneath a rock! It would be fun though to have all 4 copies at once to read...I hated having to wait!
P.S- My t-shirt for the movie will say "Blondes may bave more fun but Edward prefers brunettes!" Love it!
AND, Chris (my husband) has a shirt that sais "I beat up Edward Cullen." I can't get him to wear it because he knows I'm going to take his picture but when he does, I'll finally be able to post about it!

Jamie Hamilton said...

Good post. The "kicking backside" made me laugh.