Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Open House & Beach Get-A-Way

Thursday August 28
Today Kaiden and I went to his Open House for Preschool. I was so excited to go with him but felt bad that Joe had to work. Kaiden has known for a while that he'd be going to school and was very excited. I told Kaiden the day before that I would be going to shcool with him and he was very upset. I had previously been prepping him so he knew once he went to shcool mom wasn't going to be there. But I didnt' think that would back fire on me b/c of Open house. He told me I wasn't allowed to go to shcool with him and that me and Kalli just need to drop him off. Kaiden went on and on and I finally had to interput him and let him know that his teacher, Mrs Shawn, asked me to go too and that everyone else's parent's would be tehre too. After I told him that he was okay with it. Goodness isn't he a little young to not want mom around! Sadly I didnt' get any pictures but we had a good time. His teacher is very nice and Kaiden was in awe as he sat in the classroom looking at all the fun things on her walls. He's been having a great time at shcool but I'll go more into that when I get all caught up!

Thurs Sept 4
A group of friends (couples adn kids) had planned for a beach trip to Destin, FL this weekend. We didnt' think it was going to happen since the hurrican hit. Well Holly called me and said they were still planning on going. Our friends' David adn Rachel knew a friend who owned a beach house and was letting us stay for free. I really wanted to go but with Joe missing work so much earlier in the week we didn't think we could afford him missing more. They pushed they date to leave up one day since everyone was miserable with our power. I went back and forth with Holly and Joe just hours beofre everyone was leaving whether we should go or not. I really wanted to go adn knew it would be so much fun but I didn't want to drive by myself and I wasn't sure if I wanted to be the only 'single' adult there-so to say. Well Holly is a hard person to tell no too and I finally agreed. Holly and Joel were even nice enough to let me adn the kids ride in the van with them so I wouldn't ahve to drive by myself. We packed their minivan to the max. Three adults and 4 kids plus all of our luggage! The kids ended up doing pretty good and Kaiden and Kailey were excited to be together (they're big buddies at church.) I'm so glad we went b/c this beach house was to die for! It was absoutley beautiful adn huge!! Click HERE to see all 6 bedrooms, along with the pool house and beach view. It was a great location even though it wasn't directly on the beach but right across the street to public access.

Front of the house...I told you it was BIG! Looking out back from the watch tower down to the pool house
Looking from the front of the watch tower to our beach view
It was fun to let the kids enjoy the beach one last time before summer was over. Kaiden wasn't nearly has timid in the water this time but he usually wanted mom to hold him. Which caused a problem when Kalli ONLY wanted mom too! Brandon and Jennie were a great help (once Kaiden wasn't scared of Brandon anymore!). Rachel adn her older kids Ryan and Sara were a big help as well. Even with all of the extra help I have to admit at times it was difficult being the only one there with Kaiden and Kalli. I think my two were just ready to be at home and have some sense of normalicy. They had a lot of 'good' times but their 'bad' times were really rough on me! Not having Joe to help was a real struggle but we made it through. Two things I would have changed, Joe would of been able to join us and cleaner water. The ocean water had so much seaweed in it it was so gross! Of course still no camera-I'm almost in tears knowing how many cute pictures I've missed out on b/c I don't have a freakin' camera! I did take lots of video. I'm going to try and get a few pictures from Jamie and Rachel but I don't think anyone really took very many pictures the entire time. Thanks, Jennie for sending me the pictures you did have.
These were taken on my phone after our sushi night. While we waited for our food, the kids were able to play on the outside play area. It was a nice outdoor mall, we didn't shop at all just let the kids get some energy out.

No comments: