Thursday, October 2, 2008

4th of July

There's something totally wrong with having a Fall Background and posting about July 4th! But since I'm dedicated to catching up and not skipping certain things here it goes!
We started the day off just relaxing and headed over to my mom and dad's house. The kids did some swimming in your classic cow trough. (My parent's bought this cow trough when we were young for our swimming pool and now it's being passed down to the next generation.) My dad joins them every so ofter after he's been doing yard work to cool off. So after a late morning swim it was time to start the BBQing. Of course we had way more food than needed and we were all stuffed. I had to leave early due to work but Joe let the kids take a nap and headed to a friend's house for more food and what else but fireworks! It was still a great day to reflect on the gratefulness I have for those men and women who risk their lives each day to protect our country. I'm so thankful for all that has been risked for me and even more so now that my own little sister is joining the National Guard. I haven't mentioned much b/c I'm so proud of her but also so scared. I love all of those who are willing to give so much for our country's freedom but it's really hard when it's someone you know and love. God Bless America!!

Kisses for PapaBoth kids wanted to put on their swim floaties, whatever keeps them entertained!


Can you tell the TV is on or what? We couldn't get Kal to smile but boy does she look chubby in this picture or what!

No comments: