Sunday, October 12, 2008

1st Day of School (a month ago!)

Tuesday Sept 9
Due to the hurricane Kaiden's 1st day of school was postponed a week later. Joe went to work late so we could all ride together as we dropped Kaiden off. We took pictures at my mom's house with their camera and then it was off to school. Kaiden was totally fine with the fact that he was just going to be dropped off and we weren't going in. (Remember how he didn't even want me to go with him to the Open House?!?!) Well he was fine, that is until we were waiting in line about to drop him off. The school has a drop off and pick up door where the parent just stops the vehicle and the teacher opens the door and unbuckles the child and takes them into class. It's much smoother than having to park and bring your child in. Although I would have loved to walk with Kaiden on his first day I knew it was a much better transition for the kids. Kaiden is much more whinny if I'm there than if he were just left. I think its that way with most kids. So now were about to drop Kaiden off and he's having second thoughts about this idea of just getting dropped off. Here's how our conversation went...
Kaiden-"But Mom I think it okay that you go in with me."
Me "No Kaiden, remember we're just going to drop you off and you're going to go in all by yourself like a big boy."
Him "But Mom its alright that you go in and you can show me my class!"
Me (I'm really starting to worry at this point! "Kaiden moms and dads can't go in. You're big and you can go all by yourself. Look there's Mrs Liz and she's going to help you."
Him "Oh, Okay."
Whew that was close! And then I was even more worried when the little girl in the car in front of us was kicking and screaming as she was being taken from her car! Kaiden didn't seem to notice much and just had the cutest smile and wait for Mrs Liz to show the way.
I can't believe my little baby boy is going to school. I know I know it's only Pre-K but still! I was so anxious the whole day to pick him up so I could find out what he did and how he liked it. Well go figure he hardly told me anything about his day! I asked him about recess and he told me his teacher wouldn't let him go. I was like what? Where you bad or did you not listen? He said no. Now my mind it turning trying to figure why my little man didn't get to have recess. Then I thought to ask if any of the other kids got to go and he said no. Come to find out since the fence to the playground was damaged from the storm they had recess inside on the big space walk. But I guess its not really recess if you don't go outside. :)
I was also confused when he said no one set at his table. Bc I knew 2 other kids were assigned to his table. The next day or so he told me Jude and Ava sat by him, so I guess they both missed the first day.
One of the funniest things Kaiden has said about school was probably his 2nd week when he told me, "Mom I don't like my teacher."
Me "You don't? Why not?
Him "No I don't like her a lot just a little?"
Me "Oh. Not a lot just a little. Why?"
Him "Bc she tells me to be quiet"
I'm trying not to bust out laughing and tell him he needs to try and listen when Mrs Shawn talks. But how funny is that.
So Kaiden is loving school and I'm loving a little extra quiet time (well as quiet as it can be with Kalli around). I just wish it could be 4 hours instead of 3. Three just goes by so quickly!
Why did he have to stick his tounge out...that could have been a great picture!

I think they were both getting tired of pictures at this point (that includes Joe!)Again with the tounge!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I can't believe that he is old enought to go to school already. I remember when you stopped working to have him. Time flies.

Trimble said...

Adorable pictures! He's a funny kid. :)