Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cousin Jill

Cousin Jill is my favorite cousin of all times and probably my dad's favorite niece. She's older than I am and my parent's didn't feel it was appropriate for us kids to just call her by her first name but they felt Ms Jill was too formal for family so they came up with Cousin Jill. I know it's weird but my parent's are true southerners! I still catch myself trying not to say Cousin before Jill. Anyways, I vividly remember Jill's visits when I was a little girl. She's always been so much fun and then when she had her little girls (who are 5 feet taller than me now!) I enjoyed helping babysit during her trips down. Jill has always been so close to our family and her girls Emily and Melissa were the same ages as Autumn and Shannon so they were best buds. Well it's been awhile since she's been able to make the 11 hour drive down from Texas. The last time she came was for Aaron and Lisa's wedding almost 2 years ago. I was big and pregnant with Kalli and Kaiden didn't quite have the smart mouth he has now! So it was great to see her again and this time Harry (her husband) came and I can't tell you when the last time I saw him was. They were only here for a short visit b/c of a wedding in New Orleans but we enjoyed them while we could. Of course mom made boiled peanuts for all of us to enjoy and it was great for Jill to finally meet Kalli and also baby Greyson!
Uncle Aaron got quite the workout running and pushing Kalli around. As you can tell she enjoyed herself too!

Kalli also enjoyed the boiled peanuts

Of course Cousin Jill brought gifts for the kids.
She gave Kalli some new bows and both kids cute sticker books as well as a story book (which I've read 5 times a day since then!)
Jill and Kaiden reading his new book
Kadien taught Jill the "5 Little Monkeys' swinging on a Tree" where the alligator gets the monkeys. (Jill's being the alligator)Now Kalli is and she's getting Harry
I LOVE this picture!More storiesSeeing if Harry was tall enough to have Kaiden reach the ceiling
Kid and Kal showing Jill how to pick satsumas

My 2 cute kiddos
Saying ByeBye

1 comment:

Lacey said...

OH! Biled Peanuts! I can't wait to come home!!